Here are some mind-blowing statistics: Approximately half of all Internet users – about 510 million people worldwide – play social games. About 81 million play at least once a day. Top developers such as Zynga and Electronic Arts have close to 300 million combined active monthly users. Advertisers, developers, and investors [...] more...
Cross-platform media strategy is rising through the ranks to create new ways of engaging with audiences. This is what I do for a living, and love it, but I can understand why it’s a huge headache and often times, a sunk cost or “experiment.” Often times, the core strategy is [...] more...
TEL-AVIV and NEW YORK (January 7, 2013) — Matomy Media Group announces the acquisition of MediaWhiz, an award-winning, full-service integrated digital media agency. This acquisition follows Matomy’s 2011 investment in Adperio and is part of the company’s expansion strategy in the United States. Investment bank Q Advisors managed the transaction. With this acquisition [...] more...
Via Reuters: Social games publisher Zynga Inc confirmed on Monday that it has carried out 11 of the planned shutdowns of 13 game titles, with “Petville” being the latest game on which it pulled the plug. Read More ... Subscribe to the free Adotas.com Newsletter addthis_url = 'http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adotas.com%2F2013%2F01%2Fgame-over-zynga-shutters-11-titles-including-petville%2F'; addthis_title [...] more...
ADOTAS – Zuck Bucks just made another move toward becoming real currency: along with the launch of Apple’s iCloud service, it’s been unofficially announced that Facebook and Apple will honor credits purchased on each others’ platforms for the same game, as long as the credits are the same price on [...] more...
ADOTAS – Advertisers are always looking for the secret recipe that results in consumer engagement and actual purchasing decisions. Brands that cook together virtual currency rewards into loyalty-based advertising can achieve both goals if used properly. So how do you fit a virtual currency model into loyalty-based advertising? It could be [...] more...
ADOTAS – Adotas Publisher Bob Regular was at the Inside Social Apps conference yesterday in San Francisco and sent in a report from a panel discussion titled ”The Future of Social Gaming” and featuring execs from social and mobile gaming stalwarts Zygna, Crowdstar and Playdom. Their advice to upstart mobile game developers is [...] more...
ADOTAS – Market researchers drool as potential survey participants cross their paths, talking or texting or gaming or networking on their phones. If only, the researchers think, if only we could get our surveys on those savory devices! Online sampler uSamp hears your moans, researchers, and are testing a mobile surveying [...] more...
ADOTAS – The guys with the Google purse strings must resemble kids in a candy store — after announcing the acquisition of social media widget maker Slide last Friday for a rumored $180 million, Google is set to grab social currency maker Jambool, sources told TechCrunch’s Michael Arrington. Used in prominent [...] more...
ADOTAS – Right as the weather gets warmer, mobile merger mania keeps getting hotter. Now offer marketers are jumping in the game: Offerpal (which will not shake the “Oh, that Offerpal” rep for a while) has scooped up Tapjoy, a mobile application developer and monetization platform. Highly popular on the iPhone [...] more...
- Adotas Poll: Pay Music Service Will Have Most Affect On Google’s Bottom Line May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – In last week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Digital Account Executive
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] company’s IPO would draw the strongest response: Tremor Video, Yu.Me or Adap.tv. A staggering
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] Friday, based on a May 9 report from Bloomberg, we conducted a poll asking
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- Streaming Music Service Payments | Copy Combine Transform: [...] pressure on recorded music value has resulted in a streaming service business model that