ADOTAS – In 2012, social video engagement rose from 42% to 70% the year before, according to new research by Adobe, with the viral reach of video content accounting for 77% of ALL reach via social networking sites. That compares to 55% for non-video content like status updates and confirms the [...] more...
EDITOR’S NOTE: Adotas Editorial Intern Larissa Lohman routinely scours online media for big news and offbeat developments to share with our readers. Got your own “pick to click”? Send her a link. These Jennifer Lawrence memes are really blowing up my newsfeed. The Oscars are over, people! Cablevision sues Viacom over niche networks they [...] more...
Here’s what I heard through the online grapevine today: Adap.tv has appointed Timothy R. Morse (pictured) to the newly created position of Chief Financial Officer. Morse joins Adap.tv from Yahoo!, where was Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer from June 2009 to October 2012. Morse was responsible for all [...] more...
Viacom has accused Google of turning a blind eye to illegal video clips on its YouTube site in a bid to attract viewers, according to a Reuters report published yesterday. The report details court documents released by the two companies earlier in the week. Google countered that Viacom managers continued [...] more...
ADOTAS – Now you see it, now you don’t: Viacom is yanking “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” “The Colbert Report” and other Comedy Central programs from Internet TV resource Hulu after contract negotiations fell through. Viacom will still stream full-length episodes of the popular satirical shows on their respective [...] more...
ADOTAS — Though it might seem silly to sign co-founder Tom Anderson to a two-year, $500,000-a-year salary for just dropping by occasionally, you might wonder if it’s to keep other talent from straying, especially if News Corp plans to sell it. It’s no secret that Viacom missed out on buying the [...] more...
ADOTAS – Paramount Pictures is getting into the game game with the purchase of multi-platform game-maker ScreenLife. Financial details of the deal were not disclosed, but it was rumored to be for less than $100 million. The game developer created the popular “Scene It” DVD game (its sold more than 15 [...] more...
ADOTAS – Comcast has reportedly gobbled up DailyCandy for $125 million — $50 million more than the amount industry sources previously speculated the company would pay. Montgomery & Co. ran the bidding process (Viacom was also reportedly wrangling for the bubbly, female-focused newsletter). DailyCandy was snapped up for about $3 million [...] more...
ADOTAS – Is YouTube’s frosty relationship with Hollywood about to thaw? Perhaps: YouTube is kicking off its diplomatic push by bringing its game to TiVo beginning today. TiVo will offer (the roughly 20% of its 3.8 million subscribers with the right equipment) the option of streaming YouTube videos onto their TVs [...] more...
ADOTAS – Whoopsy-daisy: it turns out Viacom doesn’t need all of the dirt on your YouTube viewing habits. Judge Louis Stanton had ordered Google to fork over the details of millions of YouTube users to Viacom, which would theoretically help the company prepare its $1 billion case on copyright infringement. The [...] more...
- Adotas Poll: Pay Music Service Will Have Most Affect On Google’s Bottom Line May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – In last week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Digital Account Executive
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] company’s IPO would draw the strongest response: Tremor Video, Yu.Me or Adap.tv. A staggering
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] Friday, based on a May 9 report from Bloomberg, we conducted a poll asking
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- Streaming Music Service Payments | Copy Combine Transform: [...] pressure on recorded music value has resulted in a streaming service business model that