ADOTAS – UPDATED Aug. 2, 5 p.m. EST — Ashkan Soltani informed us that his team found the KISSmetrics code, i.kissmetrics.com/i.js, that allowed Hulu to respawn cookies via ETags on more than 400. A new front has opened up in the tracking cookie battle. A follow-up report from the same researchers (including [...] more...
ADOTAS – “Online privacy” is an all-encompassing term no one is using lightly these days. With a click of a button and the right skills, anyone in the world can have access to certain parts of your identity, from your name, to your hometown, to your employment status, to your marital [...] more...
ADOTAS – The Wall Street Journal is running an informative series about privacy in online advertising to inform users regarding the practices of online advertising technology providers, agencies and publishers. While the industry can always do more to inform users regarding how online advertising works and how data is used, [...] more...
ADOTAS – I’m sure the Google guys are trying to tamper down their schadenfreude over Facebook’s latest privacy imbroglio, or maybe some are sympathetic now that Congress has elbowed its way into the situation. Though not endorsed by the company (wink), Google engineer Brian Kennish has created Chrome extension “Facebook Disconnect,” [...] more...
ADOTAS – Over the course of my series on anonymity, I have addressed the question of whether anonymity is acceptable and provided best practices for how to earn identity from anonymous users, how to separate the anonymous winners from the losers and how to get your community involved. Each of these [...] more...
ADOTAS – Remember those Facebook outages last week, where you were forced to actually do work instead of ogling photos of girls you had crushes on in high school? Well, it happened again last night — poor little social networking junkies couldn’t harvest their new crops on Farmville! So [...] more...
ADOTAS – It’s “showtime” for the organizations charged with implementing a self-regulatory system to ensure consumer privacy and choice in behavioral ad targeting. Here’s what the system looks like: Participating ad-delivery companies and websites will put special logos (the “Power i”) in or near ads that are targeted based on [...] more...
ADOTAS – Irony is a dish best served hot and tangy: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg claims that the latest lawsuit against him and the social network is trying to unearth details of his private life only to harass him. So is that better or worse than unwittingly having it sold [...] more...
ADOTAS – Every time I get on the Internet, I feel a little more like Rockwell: I’m just an average man with an average life I work from nine to five, hey, hell, I pay the price All I want is to be left alone in my average home But why do I always [...] more...
ADOTAS – “So when are you deleting your Facebook account?” an industry insider asked me earlier today. “May 31,” I immediately replied. After all, that’s “Quit Facebook Day.” A vociferous bunch upset with the social network say that the last day of this merry month should be your last day on Facebook. [...] more...
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013 ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is [...] more »
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined May 21st 2013 ADOTAS — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be [...] more »
- Video: Xbox Reveal, 5/21/13 May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft unveiled its next-generation Xbox today at a [...] more »
- Live Twitter Feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined: [...] — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be unveiled today, has produced 66,000
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]
- New Solution to OpenX OnRamp Shutdown | Adcolt: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2013/02/update-malware-attack-permanently-shuts-down-openx-onramp/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... This entry was posted in Uncategorized
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]