If International CES 2013 was any barometer, the 2010 Recession might finally be behind us. Sony’s (and several other of the major TV manufacturers) confident unveiling of 4K TVs listing for $25,000 is an economic indicator that we’ve weathered the storm. That optimism is grounded with other reality points as well. [...] more...
ADOTAS – After a few years of decline and slow growth, the future seems bright for social media spending and marketing budgets overall. According to several recent studies, increased optimism in the U.S. economy and in the future of business growth has marketing managers in both B2B and B2C sectors setting [...] more...
ADOTAS – While advertising in other media continue to suffer in the harsh economy, the Internet is still standing strong — and even gaining ground. According to research by the Interactive Advertising Bureau and PricewaterhousCoopers, Internet advertising revenue neared $5.5 billion in the third quarter, a 1.7% improvement over second quarter. “While [...] more...
ADOTAS — Sounds like wishful thinking compared to almost everyone I have talked to on and off the record. But, according to Reuters, French advertising firm Publicis Chairman Maurice Levy said that “the second quarter will be the toughest quarter, with an improvement coming in the second half of the year.” [...] more...
REUTERS — U.S stocks fell on Tuesday after an unexpected drop in retail sales dampened recent optimism over the state of the U.S. economy. Sales at U.S. retailers fell 1.1 percent in March, snapping two months of increases and hitting a wide range of stocks such as Macy’s Inc., which slumped [...] more...
ADOTAS — Despite loudly proclaiming doom, Nick Denton seems to be riding the economic tsunami well. His Gawker Media, which includes Gawker, Gizmodo and Jalopnik, drew in nearly 300 million pageviews, some 34 percent over last February’s level, according to a memo at Romensko, and for the year to March, it [...] more...
ADOTAS EXCLUSIVE — Economists agree that the United States and many European countries have now plunged into a recession. Financial experts are predicting that this economic downturn will last longer than most recent economic slumps. With thousands losing their jobs and more job cuts expected in the near future, consumers are [...] more...
ADOTAS — Free online gaming sites are booming, creating opportunities for advertisers. The sites racked up 27 percent more unique visits and 42 percent more total playing time in December 2008 than in December 2007, according to comScore. Overall Internet traffic grew only 4 percent over the same period, the research [...] more...
REUTERS — Omnicom Group Inc. reported a 14 percent drop in quarterly earnings as advertising spending slumped badly at the end of the year, but its profit and revenue showed more resilience to budget cutbacks than Wall Street had expected. The world’s largest advertising company said fourth quarter income fell to [...] more...
ADOTAS — Internet-media companies and web-search portals bucked a downward advertising employment trend in December despite the gloomy forecasts. The two sectors added 800 jobs, bringing their employment, about 82,200, to its highest level since 2002, according to an AdAge analysis of Bureau of Labor Statistics. The U.S. advertising and media [...] more...
- Adotas Poll: Pay Music Service Will Have Most Affect On Google’s Bottom Line May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – In last week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Digital Account Executive
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] company’s IPO would draw the strongest response: Tremor Video, Yu.Me or Adap.tv. A staggering
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] Friday, based on a May 9 report from Bloomberg, we conducted a poll asking
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- Streaming Music Service Payments | Copy Combine Transform: [...] pressure on recorded music value has resulted in a streaming service business model that