People love uploading and sharing their most intimate moments with family and friends using the popular mobile app Instagram, but now users using the popular photo-sharing service may be inadvertently signing up to have their images used in ads without their permission. Or at least that’s what would have happened [...] more...
ADOTAS – The newspaper industry has been suffering a long and painful decline, but the 1,390 U.S. local dailies hanging in there are dabbling in charging for online content. However, the revenue generated through subscription plans is not looking that impressive. We commented a few months ago that Gannett might be [...] more...
ADOTAS – “If you haven’t heard already, Demand Media has been in the news a lot lately,” the email with the infographic read. Demand Media? Never heard of them before — definitely haven’t written bitchy post after bitchy post about their content generation machine. That was some other Gavin. Though there’s no [...] more...
ADOTAS – The long-awaited New York Times pay meter will go into effect in the U.S. on March 28. It’s not long-awaited because consumers have been dying to pay for Times’ content, but observers of the industry are curious whether the system can become a viable revenue stream. And if such [...] more...
ADOTAS – On Twitter, media commentator Jeff Jarvis quipped, “[You'd] Have to pay me to read my local Gannett rag.” However, Gannett, which operates 81 regional newspapers in addition to USA Today, may be onto something as it experiments with paid content models on three of its local newspaper websites. For [...] more...
ADOTAS – It’s gotten so tedious to listen to news publishers whine about how Google News is killing their business that even Google has gotten tired of it and thrown them a bone — or two. Publishers were always welcome to exclude their content from Google News by filling out a [...] more...
ADOTAS – The enemy of my enemy is my friend, they say. Rupert Murdoch’s distaste for Google and his laments that it is killing the business of news have long been a public affair, but it looks as if he may be taking action after so much talk — with [...] more...
ADOTAS – As major publications clamor for a paid content model to cover their numerous expenses, consumers increasingly yearn for content targeted at them on a local level. Seeing an opportunity, Fwix has set up shop at the crossroads. Through a widget, the recently introduced AdWire platform aggregates local content from [...] more...
ADOTAS — Just as that legendary charge proved disastrous, the News baron will find himself mowed down by fee-averse Internet users. But he’ll keep on trying. Murdoch last month said papers need to charge for content if they want to survive. He added that online advertising has not proved its worth [...] more...
ADOTAS – This is an abundant time of year for CBS Corp. March Madness has lent itself to being an online juggernaut for the entertainment firm and Les Moonves; the company’s president was honest with his assumptions as to why this fact is true. “People sit at their computers and [...] more...
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial