ADOTAS – The most pressing compliance issue facing the online advertising industry today is ad privacy — how to communicate targeting practices to consumers and offer opt-out choices, thereby increasing ad relevancy and benefiting consumers, advertisers and publishers. It has been about a year since an industry coalition, consisting of the [...] more...
ADOTAS – For Halloween, I was thinking the scariest thing I could dress up as would be a third-party online data collector. I mean, what is more horrifying than a member of the cyberazzi? I figure I could go to cafés and spy on what sites Internet users are browsing, conspicuously taking [...] more...
ADOTAS – It was kind of a shame. Federal Trade Commission Chair Jon Leibowitz’s speech (PDF) last Tuesday at the National Press Club in DC — for an event sponsored by a large posse of privacy advocates publicizing the launch of a report that was supposed to finally dispel the [...] more...
ADOTAS – [UPDATED AT BOTTOM] According to a new study by the Stanford Law School’s Center for Internet and Society, 61% or 113 of Quantcast’s 185 most popular sites sent user names or user IDs (potentially email addresses) to third parties via cookies. And most of it appears to be unintentional — [...] more...
ADOTAS - Xaxis, the recently launched audience buying platform for all of WPP’s many agencies, has introduced a video-buying solution tied into its DMP that will allow advertisers to supplement TV budgets through audience-based online video campaigns, as well as align these campaigns with audience targeting efforts in display, social and mobile. Xaxis [...] more...
ADOTAS – It appears the FTC may, at long last, be realizing that curbing perceived targeted marketing abuses would likely lead to undesired and potentially disruptive consequences, including undermining the implicit bargain that drives the Internet — an exchange of value between consumers and content providers. The Commissioner for the FTC [...] more...
ADOTAS – Misperceptions cloud reality and blind us from viewing things as they actually are. Whenever you introduce something new, there exists a degree of fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD). While FUD frequently has no basis in reality, it absolutely impacts reality by causing actions that are based on perceptions [...] more...
ADOTAS – Shelter the children — opt-out fever has hit the nation! Evidon, which powers the Digital Advertising Alliance’s OBA self-regulatory program, announced that 500,000 browsers have opted out of behavioral targeting via the Ad Choices icon (which feels like it has been renamed about 50 times in the last [...] more...
ADOTAS – In an intriguing move for the data management sector, AlmondNet recently spun off its Data Division into standalone third-party data provider Datonics, with Data Division president Michael Benedek taking the helm as CEO. We caught up with Benedek to get the scoop behind the spinoff and hear what’s [...] more...
ADOTAS – Considered a major privacy violation since a University of California, San Diego study publicized the practice last year, history sniffing or stealing refers to computer code embedded in tracking beacons that reads links on a page to get clues into browser history. You know the drill: pink means you’ve visited [...] more...
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s