ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is smart to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Display ads are way under-valued. We published research last year (research that google asked me to remove) showing display ads out-perform search ads in certain industries like travel and automotive, and are close behind in most [...] more...
ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can make is to assume that the content they create for one platform can quickly or easily be reused across many. The truth is that broadcast, digital, mobile and social each have their own rules of engagement, challenges and metrics for success. With [...] more...
ADOTAS – When I think of mobile, I think of omnipresence, and then I think of opportunity. By 2014, half of the US will use smartphones and nearly half (45%) will use tablets. Rapid smartphone and tablet adoption has significantly altered the ways in which consumers think about, research and [...] more...
ADOTAS – With display ad interaction rates at an all-time low, advertisers are facing growing pressure to explore new ways to get noticed. There’s the obvious trend toward audience targeting and RTB to boost campaign effectiveness, but at some point you have to ask yourself whether traditional display formats can [...] more...
ADOTAS — Today, xAd, a leader in delivering targeted mobile ads based on accurate user location and search context, released its Q1 mobile trend report. Highlights include: The popularity of geo-precise mobile targeting more than doubled in Q1 2013 compared to Q1 2012, which indicates heavy adoption of accurate location-based mobile advertising. The top [...] more...
In last week’s Adotas Poll, we asked our readers: “Will Facebook’s new ‘Home’ family of apps enable the company to overtake Google as the leader in mobile advertising?” The results: Yes (88%). No (12%) This week’s poll question, inspired by Adap.tv’s just-released State of the Video Industry report, is: “Will you significantly increase your video ad [...] more...
ADOTAS – As the advertising elite makes plans to head to San Francisco this week for ad:tech San Francisco, preparations have already been in the works over the last six months to ensure the event will include a delicate blend of technology, design and agency related topics to keep conference-goers [...] more...
ADOTAS – Facebook announced its Home family of apps last week under a bit of less euphoria than we had anticipated. Yet it is a brilliant move that made up for the “a dollar an engagement” announcement a few months back. While everyone was talking about a “phone” per say, it’s actually [...] more...
ADOTAS EDITOR’S NOTE: Editorial Intern Larissa Lohman routinely scours online media for big news and offbeat developments to share with our readers. Got your own “pick to click”? Send her a link. Baseball season has finally arrived! Which teams are you rooting for? Ad-free websites, what?!? The Good Men Project as well as many other [...] more...
Last week, we asked our readers: “Is Facebook’s enhanced news feed a marketer’s dream come true?” Hear’s how they responded: Yes (80%) No (20%) This week’s poll question is: “Will Online Video or Mobile Ads show the fastest growth in 2013?” We’ll publish the results next week. Subscribe to the free Adotas.com Newsletter [...] more...
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed