Happy Valentine’s Day! As our present to all the lovebirds out there, we at the Marchex Institute took a data dive into the various phone habits of Mars and Venus. We gathered some pretty interesting information about how men and women act – get ready for this – differently on [...] more...
ADOTAS – The internet was supposed to be a marketer’s nirvana. Every action consumers made digitally could be tracked, stored and repurposed for advertisers. Yet a number of recent events pose a huge challenge to ad measurement: • Microsoft has announced it will effectively encourage users to select “Do Not Track” [...] more...
ADOTAS – Mobile click-to-call ads are a great way for consumers to connect with businesses, and a new generation of call spammers agrees — sometimes generating hundreds of thousands of phone calls per day from your mobile advertising campaigns and then disappearing. This new class of spammers capitalizes on the [...] more...
After Easter recess, Senator Richard Durbin (D-Ill.) is planning to introduce the Main Street Fairness Act (groan), which would open up all Internet sales to state sales taxes. At Cnet, Declan McCullagh explains why the logistics of such a move would be frightening. Pay-per-call specialist Marchex has laid down $62.5 million [...] more...
ADOTAS – In Spring when Brent Turner, executive vice president of call advertising products for Marchex, told me a revolution was brewing the pay-for-call world, I was a bit skeptical, but since then I’ve covered so many companies with various products in this realm that I’m fully on board: pay-for-call [...] more...
ADOTAS – I met Brent Turner, executive vice president of call advertising products with Marchex, at ad:tech San Francisco back in April, and his enthusiasm regarding pay-for-call advertising was downright infectious. It seemed every time he said the words “pay for call” his eyes lit up and his excited smile [...] more...
ADOTAS – They came out of nowhere. They saw an opportunity, and before anyone realized what was happening, they were enormous. Pay-for-performance businesses absolutely exploded during the first 10 years of online display media by using a simple, three-step formula. First, by pricing media on cost-per-conversion basis, companies assumed advertiser risk [...] more...
ADOTAS – Ready to find out why some advertisers have moved up to 25% of their search budget into pay-for-call? Looking for an alternative to search per-click bidding and online lead generation? Advertising veterans often say that if you’re not spending at least 15% of your marketing budget testing new channels, [...] more...
ADOTAS – So I’m walking along, minding my own business, when suddenly my iPhone starts making a weird sound — kinda like a marimba. It’s not the sound for a text message, Facebook update or a new email, so I’m a little frightened. After I slink it out of my [...] more...
ADOTAS – The founder and former CEO of About.com, Bill Day, is been named CEO of ScanScout. Most recently, Day was at local online ad shop Marchex. Day replaces Waikit Lau, co-founder of ScanScout and temporary CEO – he will return to his role as president. Alyn Glazerman has been named [...] more...
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed