ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, but employing due diligence and the right strategy to mitigate the risk will help protect campaigns. The advent of malware-laden botnets has substantially impacted advertisers’ revenues in recent years, as bad actors were able to infiltrate advertising networks or pose as [...] more...
ADOTAS – Programmatic buying should be a boon for advertisers. It should be a powerful tool for them to reach relevant audiences at scale in an increasingly fragmented media environment. In theory, it increases the accuracy of their targeted advertising efforts while eliminating wasted spend. There is a plethora of [...] more...
Yesterday’s news that OpenX shut down OnRamp due to a malware attack only serves to amplify the sound of an alarm that’s constantly ringing in the realm of online media. “This is another great example of the power of the Internet and the effects of poorly secured applications,” said Anthony J. [...] more...
Publishers and advertisers who used OpenX’s free, open-source OnRamp service are left scrambling to find alternatives after hackers infected the ad server with malware over the weekend and forced the company to permanently shut it down today. Users were first notified of the issue in a message posted on the OpenX help [...] more...
In spite of (or perhaps because of) negative publicity about her love life, “Twilight” actress Kristen Stewart attracted more visitors to websites than any other celebrity this summer, according to web traffic generator MGID’s latest Click Factor results. MGID measures the Click Factor from the Internet user clicks generated via the [...] more...
ADOTAS – Yesterday, the FBI announced the dismantling of an international crime ring and the arrest of six Estonian nationals who have been charged with infecting millions of computers worldwide in an effort to manipulate the multi-billion dollar online ad industry. Manhattan Assistant U.S. Attorney Janice Fedarcyk commented on what was [...] more...
ADOTAS – Despite the shock it sent through the mobile industry in June, the Google again used a remote nuke to wipe out malicious apps on Android-powered mobile devices. Google showcased the power of the remote application removal feature to manage the ongoing fallout from a series of malware attacks dubbed [...] more...
ADOTAS – One of our industry’s most valuable assets — customer trust — is under threat from malware. Malicious code in display advertising continues to grow at an alarming rate; more than 1 million ad impressions per day are infected. Overall, 1.3 million websites host malware, and third-party advertising is one of [...] more...
ADOTAS – Around Oct. 3, it suddenly became quiet — too quiet — on the global spam front. After hitting a new peak at the end of June, spam levels took a deep dive from August to October, resulting in the lowest spam level in years recorded on Oct. 3. So [...] more...
ADOTAS – When there was just a network or two and those networks had 50-100 sites in their site list, it was easy to police and make sure ads didn’t run where they weren’t supposed to. Now with 50 or more third-party networks, some claiming 20,000 sites (really?), it’s not [...] more...
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how