The Federal Trade Commission is cracking down on affiliate marketers that allegedly bombarded consumers with hundreds of millions of unwanted spam text messages in an effort to steer them towards deceptive websites falsely promising “free” gift cards. In eight different complaints filed in courts around the United States, the FTC charged [...] more...
The specter of new federal “Do Not Track” (DNT) legislation and its potential ramifications loom ominously over the digital ad industry. But while Congress is not expected to vote on DNT legislation until at least next year, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) apparently has already begun to take matters into its [...] more...
ADOTAS – The Federal Trade Commission’s online privacy framework — outlined by Chair Jon Leibowitz at a press conference last week — seems to walk the fine line of compromise between the desires of online behavioral advertising companies and privacy advocates. However, it’s said that the best compromise is the one [...] more...
ADOTAS – It was kind of a shame. Federal Trade Commission Chair Jon Leibowitz’s speech (PDF) last Tuesday at the National Press Club in DC — for an event sponsored by a large posse of privacy advocates publicizing the launch of a report that was supposed to finally dispel the [...] more...
ADOTAS – Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Chairman Jon Leibowitz delivered the keynote speech at a forum on Internet privacy on Tuesday. He was part of a panel that discussed the protection of consumer data and the tracking of online consumer behavior. The Stanford Law School Center for Internet and [...] more...
ADOTAS – [UPDATED AT BOTTOM] According to a new study by the Stanford Law School’s Center for Internet and Society, 61% or 113 of Quantcast’s 185 most popular sites sent user names or user IDs (potentially email addresses) to third parties via cookies. And most of it appears to be unintentional — [...] more...
ADOTAS – Yesterday at an event sponsored by a large group of privacy watchdogs (the ACLU, Center for Digital Democracy, Consumer Action, Consumer Federation of America, Consumers Union, Consumer Watchdog, Electronic Privacy Information Center, Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, US PIRG and World Privacy Forum to be exact) called “Yes, They [...] more...
ADOTAS – Looks like the Facebook legal team is going to have to earn its holiday bonus this year. Five class action lawsuits have been filed against Facebook alleging the company violated wiretap laws by setting tracking cookies that contained user IDs and followed browser behavior on sites integrated with the [...] more...
ADOTAS – A few weeks ago when asked about some possibly shady endorsin’ by actress Gwyneth Paltrow on her blog, Rich Cleland, associate director of Federal Trade Commission’s advertising division, answered by suggesting that the recently enacted blogger disclosure guidelines operated on a two tier system — celebrities, who get [...] more...
ADOTAS – Jon Leibowitz entered the position of Federal Trade Commission chairman with three priorities: privacy, poverty and health. According to FTC Northeast Region Director Leonard Gordon, who spoke to a packed conference room at the offices of marketing and advertising firm Venable LLP yesterday, the FTC is focused on [...] more...
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise December 10th 2013 ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released data showing significant circulation growth [...] more »
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue December 10th 2013 SEARCH INSIDER SUMMIT, PARK CITY, Utah, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter December 10th 2013 TEMPE, AZ, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Unicorn Media, the [...] more »
- Simulmedia Closes $25 Million D Round December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Simulmedia, a targeted [...] more »
- Fiverr® Launches iPhone App: Puts 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Fiverr®, the world’s [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- IOne LocalZimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves » IOne Local: [...] Castle. “They don’t just tackle our marketing problems; they help us continually improve ourbusiness. Zimmerman brought
- Sean Eisner: Ho Hum--hundreds of supposed review verification marks out there already, including UK-based "TrustMark" which sounds
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record | MineralSpas.org: [...] Permalink [...]
- Michael Durwin: Another title for this article might be Advertisers Are Finding Better Engagements of Female Through