ADOTAS - Content recommendation/discovery platform Outbrain announced today a whopping $35 million in funding, following the close of its Series D funding round and bolstered the most by Index Ventures. Prior investors Carmel Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners also pitched in. Outbrain now has a total of $64 million in financing. [...] more...
DUE DIGITAL DILIGENCE – In the next year or two, we’ll likely see the following companies go public with an initial market value over $10 billion: Facebook Groupon LivingSocial DropBox Zynga Many of these are companies that, in a world without Sarbanes-Oxley, could already be public. That would probably be good for investors; if average people [...] more...
ADOTAS – It’s been four years since I wrote one of my most popular series of blog posts of all time — “The Ad Exchange Model” (part 1, part 2 and part 3). Since then a lot has happened. A whole slew of three letter acronyms has appeared: DSP, SSP, [...] more...
DM CONFIDENTIAL – Just recently, we came across a chart that Business Insider put together. It showed the stock price of a small publicly traded company who announced they acquired a $6 million stake in Facebook. The next day, the stock shot up. As there was not other major news [...] more...
ADOTAS – Sometimes it’s not the size of the investment, but the people opening up their wallets. Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt and Raptor Group Chairman and Managing Director Jim Pallotta led a round of funding for dynamic display firm Spongecell that included participation from Pittsburgh Steelers Board Member Brian [...] more...
nPario, which analyzes data on huge scale for monetization and targeting purposes, has found both a partner and a sugar daddy in WPP. WPP Digital is injecting $5 million in the startup for a minority stake, which also includes seats on nPario’s board. In addition, online and offline data from the numerous companies [...] more...
ADOTAS – Does JP Morgan Chase wants to pull a Goldman-Sachs-Facebook on Twitter? (That doesn’t sound nearly as dirty as I thought it would.) Public investing in private companies is totally the new hedge fund. A $1.2 billion digital growth fund, with capital primarily committed by JPM, appears to be the second [...] more...
ADOTAS – What? Did you really think Goldman Sach’s $450 million investment in Facebook meant an IPO was imminent? Did you also believe that a fat man in a red suit squeezed down your chimney last month to leave you presents? The monumental investment signals that Goldman will likely underwrite the [...] more...
ADOTAS – First there was a $200 million round for Twitter ($4 billion valuation?), then a $950 million round for Groupon ($5 billion to $8 billion valuation?!?) and now $500 million for Facebook ($50 billion valuation?!?!?!?!?!??!?) — what better way to ring in the new year than some new tech [...] more...
ADOTAS – Nothing like a little Chicken Little-style “sky is falling” action to inject some life into this dead news season. Both Newsweek and The New York Times are trying to get the Tech Bubble 2.0 bandwagon rolling, mainly based on the prognosticating of Union Square Ventures’ Fred Wilson, who [...] more...
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial