Anytime something goes viral, especially savvy marketers will find a way to make a buck from it. The most recent example is memes. While the average Joe or Joann might have created the LMAO web sensations that are Chuck Norris, the “I Can Has Cheezburger?” cat and the “Y U No [...] more...
ADOTAS — At the last OMMA Conference, I had the pleasure of attending the presentation given Young-Bean Song, Senior Director, Atlas Institute, Microsoft. His insights about the state of online advertising were inspiring, yet at the end I found myself frustrated. It’s exciting to see that the online advertising marketplace has [...] more...
ADOTAS — Most marketers plan to decrease media spending budgets, and the remaining expenditures are shifting toward digital, according to a Q2 2009 survey by Round2. EMarketer notes that budgets were more likely to be cut than increased for traditional media such as TV, radio and direct mail, but more respondents [...] more...
ADOTAS — You have a short window and need to goose the sales, so what would you do? According to Marketing Sherpa, if you’re planning autumn events or need ideas for quick, year-end promotions, a lesson to look at would be how the Durham Bulls used text email first (to attract [...] more...
ADOTAS — Online advertisers, more than anything else, seek quality referrals from their Web-based affiliates. Think about it: do merchants want “window shoppers”, or people who are serious about buying? So to attract prospective purchasers, you need serious, high-quality content that satisfies the reader’s need for information. Like all strong publishing [...] more...
ADOTAS — Overall advertising may be slowing but 2009 will be the first year that ad spending online is greater than local and national spot TV, according to Myers Publishing. EMarketer notes that with with online expenditures rising from 10.6% of the total in 2008 to 12.2% this year, the rise [...] more...
ADOTAS — Gmail users are the most likely to open and click on e-mails. Emarketer noted a MailChimp study on marketing e-mails sent through its distribution service that showed open rates varied from a low of just over 20% for e-mail sent to AOL users to a high over nearly 31% [...] more...
ADOTAS — Pay-for-performance ad pricing models are catching on among marketers dealing with issues of measurability and audience engagement. eMarketer noted that impression-based media buys are giving way, in some cases, to cost-per-lead advertising. According to the “Cost-per-Lead Advertising Data Report” from Pontiflex, marketers in North America were most likely to [...] more...
ADOTAS — Despite marketers dismissing rental email lists, 3rd party lead purchases, list appending and 2nd tier search as underperforming, some still succeed with these tactics. And according to Marketing Sherpa, it’s because some marketers take their time to do their research, and go beyond the recommendations of colleagues to arrive [...] more...
ADOTAS — As a reader of ADOTAS, you’ve no doubt heard the recent buzz around performance display advertising. A striking departure from classic ad campaigns measured via clicks and impressions, performance ad campaigns rely on metrics that really matter to retail advertisers, namely conversions and revenue. To boost those metrics, today’s [...] more...
An Interview with Jasper Mullarney, VP of Direct Response Advertising, AdknowledgeADOTAS — Industry Veteran Jasper Mullarney is Vice President of Direct Response for Adknowledge, the fourth-largest digital marketplace behind only [...] more...
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Yesterday, just prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing [...] more »
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — The potential of mobile advertising is huge. And [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] most popular article of the day was our live #XboxReveal Twitter feed, which ran
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed by
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing the Xbox One, we posted the results of