Anytime something goes viral, especially savvy marketers will find a way to make a buck from it. The most recent example is memes. While the average Joe or Joann might have created the LMAO web sensations that are Chuck Norris, the “I Can Has Cheezburger?” cat and the “Y U No [...] more...
ADOTAS — At the last OMMA Conference, I had the pleasure of attending the presentation given Young-Bean Song, Senior Director, Atlas Institute, Microsoft. His insights about the state of online advertising were inspiring, yet at the end I found myself frustrated. It’s exciting to see that the online advertising marketplace has [...] more...
ADOTAS — Most marketers plan to decrease media spending budgets, and the remaining expenditures are shifting toward digital, according to a Q2 2009 survey by Round2. EMarketer notes that budgets were more likely to be cut than increased for traditional media such as TV, radio and direct mail, but more respondents [...] more...
ADOTAS — You have a short window and need to goose the sales, so what would you do? According to Marketing Sherpa, if you’re planning autumn events or need ideas for quick, year-end promotions, a lesson to look at would be how the Durham Bulls used text email first (to attract [...] more...
ADOTAS — Online advertisers, more than anything else, seek quality referrals from their Web-based affiliates. Think about it: do merchants want “window shoppers”, or people who are serious about buying? So to attract prospective purchasers, you need serious, high-quality content that satisfies the reader’s need for information. Like all strong publishing [...] more...
ADOTAS — Overall advertising may be slowing but 2009 will be the first year that ad spending online is greater than local and national spot TV, according to Myers Publishing. EMarketer notes that with with online expenditures rising from 10.6% of the total in 2008 to 12.2% this year, the rise [...] more...
ADOTAS — Gmail users are the most likely to open and click on e-mails. Emarketer noted a MailChimp study on marketing e-mails sent through its distribution service that showed open rates varied from a low of just over 20% for e-mail sent to AOL users to a high over nearly 31% [...] more...
ADOTAS — Pay-for-performance ad pricing models are catching on among marketers dealing with issues of measurability and audience engagement. eMarketer noted that impression-based media buys are giving way, in some cases, to cost-per-lead advertising. According to the “Cost-per-Lead Advertising Data Report” from Pontiflex, marketers in North America were most likely to [...] more...
ADOTAS — Despite marketers dismissing rental email lists, 3rd party lead purchases, list appending and 2nd tier search as underperforming, some still succeed with these tactics. And according to Marketing Sherpa, it’s because some marketers take their time to do their research, and go beyond the recommendations of colleagues to arrive [...] more...
ADOTAS — As a reader of ADOTAS, you’ve no doubt heard the recent buzz around performance display advertising. A striking departure from classic ad campaigns measured via clicks and impressions, performance ad campaigns rely on metrics that really matter to retail advertisers, namely conversions and revenue. To boost those metrics, today’s [...] more...
Adknowledge CPM Email Advertising Showing ‘Google-Like’ ResultsKANSAS CITY, Mo., December 16, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge’s email channel, AdStation, has announced CPM-based pricing for email advertisers and [...] more...
- Oracle Buys Responsys, Creating the World’s Largest Modern Marketing Cloud December 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Oracle has acquired marketing cloud leader Responsys for [...] more »
- Rocket Fuel Lets You Choose Your Charity, Issues EOY Infographic December 20th 2013 ADOTAS — As we wrap up 2013 and head into [...] more »
- Report: Fraudulent Web Traffic Tips the Scale in the United States December 20th 2013 NEW YORK CITY, December 19, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Solve Media issued [...] more »
- Are Tablets Taking Over? Study Says 55 Percent of Consumers Would Consider Replacing PC With Tablet December 20th 2013 NEW YORK, December 19, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adroit Digital today [...] more »
- The Year in Tweets: Love, Hate and Brands December 20th 2013 ADOTAS — A new report from NetBase that reveals what consumers [...] more »
- Research Study: Holiday Retail Tactics Breed Mistrust Among Millennails December 19th 2013 ADOTAS — It’s an opportunity for progressive retailers to [...] more »
- eXelate Expands Global Data Coverage Through Strategic Partnership With French Company SirData December 19th 2013 NEW YORK, December 19, 2013 (ADOTAS) — eXelate, the leading [...] more »
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now! December 20th 2013
- What Will Publisher Biz Dev Teams Look Like by 2015? December 20th 2013
- Navigating The Wild West of Data Analytics: 6 Steps To Help You Get There December 20th 2013
- An Agency Perspective on Attribution December 19th 2013
- Leverage the Value of the Second-Screen Trend – Now and After the Holiday Shopping Season December 19th 2013
- VP Marketing - Tech Product Marketing
- Internet Marketing Manager
- Director of Platform Excellence
- Reporting & Analytics
- Sr. Account Manager: Advertising client management
- Oracle Buys Responsys, Creating the World’s Largest Modern Marketing Cloud: [...] Salesforce’s acquisition of ExactTarget earlier this year, large enterprise software companies are increasingly looking
- Scott Pannier: MdotLabs has a product that advertisers, agencies, and publishers can leverage to try and weed
- Bob Gordon: How can an honest publisher stay in business having to compete with the tiny CPM's
- Dick Bennett CEO: I'm sorry, but posting a "release" like this, and calling it "news", is just plain