ADOTAS – It’s official: Steven Swartz will succeed Frank Bennack, Jr. as the new CEO of Hearst Corporation effective June 1, 2013. Swartz, who was named the company’s president only last December, is being elevated at a pivotal time for the media industry, facing a digital transition that is transforming [...] more...
Publishing powerhouse Hearst is embarking on a new strategy to change the way people consume editorial content, also giving rise to providing more integrated brand experiences offered by advertisers. Over the next several months, Hearst Digital Media’s portfolio of magazines will be getting a new look and feel. The publisher is [...] more...
ADOTAS – A group of newspaper publishers and other media companies, which includes The Hearst Corporation, are collaborating to sell more ad space, focusing on users looking for online deals. Eight companies have come together as a joint venture and have acquired Find n Save, a search engine focused on discount [...] more...
ADOTAS – So long, ad networks and intermediaries — The New York Times Company, Hearst, Tribune and Gannett have jumped aboard the private exchange express. The four media online and offline giants have teamed up to form quadrantONE and unleash the Q online private audience platform and ad exchange. This new [...] more...
ADOTAS — Does Hearst have a plan? In another major hiring, AllthingsD reported that NBC Universal’s former chief digital officer George Kliavkoff, often billed as the main brain behind Hulu, has landed at Hearst. Yahoo News head Neeraj Khemlani came on board last month as VP and digital media special assistant [...] more...
ADOTAS — As Hearst prepares to close one door, it opens another. The company said that it will close or sell the San Francisco Chronicle unless a last-ditch cost cutting effort works, though it appears unlikely. The paper is northern California’s largest newspaper with a paid weekday circulation of 339,430, but [...] more...
ADOTAS — As a top executive leaves and the company rolls out new features, Yahoo employees await an reorganization that could either set the company on a course to take on Google or streamline parts for an eventual sale. The head of Yahoo’s news and information division, Neeraj Khemlani, has left [...] more...
ADOTAS – Four major newspaper chains today announced the creation of quadrantOne, an online sales network that will allow advertisers to launch nationwide campaigns in one place. Advertisers will reach about 50 million unique visitors per month in 27 of the 30 top markets, the company says. Investors include Tribune Co., [...] more...
In their effort to gain leverage in the online advertising world, the Hearst Corporation, who recently acquired men’s media site UGO, has acquired social shopping site Kaboodle. This will give Hearst many cross-promotional opportunities for all of their properties as the site has e-commerce features. The details of integrating properties have not [...] more...
Hearst Magazines’ online outpost Shopetc.com has hired Interevco as its exclusive online advertising sales representative. Interevco will manage all new business as well as existing accounts across a variety of categories within the website. SHOP Etc. and Shopetc.com launched simultaneously in 2004 to allow consumers to literally shop the items they [...] more...
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and