Confirming our February 4 story, The Associated Press reported today that Microsoft will retire the world’s most popular free email platform, Hotmail, in favor of its new service, Outlook.com. The AP reports that the switch will be accompanied by “what [Microsoft] believes to be the biggest marketing blitz in the history [...] more...
A source close to Microsoft told Adotas last week that Hotmail will soon go the way of the dinosaur and its replacement, Outlook.com, would be free of ads. In response, a spokesperson for Microsoft confirmed the former but denied the latter. “Outlook.com does have ads,” said the spokesperson (appropriately) via email. [...] more...
ADOTAS – Although Google has been promising better (and fewer) ads in its email client for months now, evidence of progress has been scant. However, Big G might have been holding off as it prepared social network (or the less-sexy description: core product socialization) Google+, as a new ad unit [...] more...
ADOTAS – Interestingly enough, right after I watched an AppSumo video in which Jennifer Sheahan, founder of Facebook-focused digital agency FB Ads Lab, comments that Facebook ads are not Google ads — that is, you can’t just jam your square PPC search campaign into the Facebook circle-shaped hole — I found [...] more...
ADOTAS – (UPDATED WITH VIDEO AT BOTTOM) A slew of news reports are hitting the Internets about Google’s seemingly Draconian rules about identity for Google Profiles. Numerous users have had their accounts suspended because the names they submitted violate Profiles’ “community standards.” That is, those users tried to submit virtual identities. [...] more...
ADOTAS – Tomorrow Google+ will reportedly hit 10 million users, and apparently that will widen to 20 million users by the weekend. There’s a lot of wide-eyed gee-gollying across the tech media about how the nascent social system has increased its user base 350% over six days. Which would be impressive [...] more...
ADOTAS – How cute — TechCrunch and Mashable got sneak peeks at Google’s latest attempt at building a social network, something that has been rumored about for a year at least (remember Google Me?). I’ll Wave while all the Buzz passes by. Actually it sounds less like a social network and exactly [...] more...
ADOTAS – I have been rather surprised at the discussion of whether Yahoo!’s use of email keywords for ad targeting crosses a line. Gmail has been using your email content for targeting since it first entered beta. While this is an incremental step forward, it is a step that was [...] more...
ADOTAS – I still haven’t been invited to try out the decked-out Facebook Messages that CEO Mark Zuckerberg and crew announced back in November. I’d like to think it’s for personal reasons — “Gavin Dunaway?” I imagine Zuck screaming, “I’ll burn my hoodie before I give that forked-tongue bastard any [...] more...
ADOTAS – National Book Week isn’t till August, so perhaps we can proclaim this “National Books About Google Week.” First up is the “perhaps you’re not paranoid enough” entry, “The Googlization of Everything (And Why We Should Worry)” by media critic and professor Siva Vaidhyanathan. Google has turned into something out of [...] more...
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s