Before the days of online selling, there was the Mom-and-Pop corner store. If you were a smart proprietor, you knew your customers, their buying habits, their likes, their dislikes, etc. Based on that knowledge, you knew what products to introduce to your customers, how to entice them to buy, how to [...] more...
Over the last 10 years, email marketing has become an incredibly effective and affordable component of an integrated marketing campaign. However, with the advent of more savvy consumers, SPAM legislation and better software to protect the consumer, marketers are increasingly looking for new ways to leverage email marketing and capitalize [...] more...
“Strategy and timing are the Himalayas of marketing. Everything else is the Catskills. “ Al Ries (in Marketing Warfare, 1986, with Jack Trout) Email marketers, trying to conquer their own Everest in their marketing program, agonize over many elements of their campaign: the subject line, the offer, the email’s design, etc. But, [...] more...
With the newest releases of two popular email clients used mainly by consumers, Yahoo! Mail Beta and Microsoft’s Window Live Mail Beta, preview panes—and the challenges they pose to email marketers—have made their way from the corporate environment to the inboxes of the consumer. But don’t panic—hope, and help, [...] more...
Email Marketing Edicts: Five Rules to Help Appreciate the Most Underappreciated of Marketing Mediums
Last month, I wrote about how email marketing didn’t have to be boring, so this time round I figured I’d pick up where I left off and talk about some of the rules we need to follow as we take advantage of this most effective and sometimes underappreciated of channels. [...] more...
AOL has started promoting its services through small text ads that appear at the bottom of emails sent from some AOL.com addresses. According to the Associated Press, the ads started appearing on Tuesday within accounts tied to version 9 of AOL’s software, which is available to both paid and unpaid users. [...] more...
Back in 2002, I took a research trip to London to investigate the emergence of mobile marketing. Then as now, the Europeans were far ahead of us Americans when it came to mobile. Americans in 2002 were just realizing that they could receive and actually send a text message from [...] more...
The International Data Group (IDG) has combined the customer data from its print and online media readers with its attendee lists from IDG trade shows to create a huge database of North American IT professionals. The IDG Connect database contains more than six million prospective IT buyers who regularly consume publications [...] more...
Recently, I received an excellent piece of email marketing from the Oakland Raiders. Admittedly the only good thing the team has done all year, but a good thing nevertheless. It was a very simple email announcing the appointment of Lane Kiffin as their head coach. Nothing too extraordinary [...] more...
Media Breakaway, the company owned by former “Spam King” Scott Richter, has chosen Pete Wellborn of the law firm Wellborn & Wallace, to defend the company against a lawsuit filed by MySpace. MySpace alleges that Media Breakaway gained access to private MySpace user accounts through phishing schemes and then used those [...] more...
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial