Before the days of online selling, there was the Mom-and-Pop corner store. If you were a smart proprietor, you knew your customers, their buying habits, their likes, their dislikes, etc. Based on that knowledge, you knew what products to introduce to your customers, how to entice them to buy, how to [...] more...
Over the last 10 years, email marketing has become an incredibly effective and affordable component of an integrated marketing campaign. However, with the advent of more savvy consumers, SPAM legislation and better software to protect the consumer, marketers are increasingly looking for new ways to leverage email marketing and capitalize [...] more...
“Strategy and timing are the Himalayas of marketing. Everything else is the Catskills. “ Al Ries (in Marketing Warfare, 1986, with Jack Trout) Email marketers, trying to conquer their own Everest in their marketing program, agonize over many elements of their campaign: the subject line, the offer, the email’s design, etc. But, [...] more...
With the newest releases of two popular email clients used mainly by consumers, Yahoo! Mail Beta and Microsoft’s Window Live Mail Beta, preview panes—and the challenges they pose to email marketers—have made their way from the corporate environment to the inboxes of the consumer. But don’t panic—hope, and help, [...] more...
Email Marketing Edicts: Five Rules to Help Appreciate the Most Underappreciated of Marketing Mediums
Last month, I wrote about how email marketing didn’t have to be boring, so this time round I figured I’d pick up where I left off and talk about some of the rules we need to follow as we take advantage of this most effective and sometimes underappreciated of channels. [...] more...
AOL has started promoting its services through small text ads that appear at the bottom of emails sent from some AOL.com addresses. According to the Associated Press, the ads started appearing on Tuesday within accounts tied to version 9 of AOL’s software, which is available to both paid and unpaid users. [...] more...
Back in 2002, I took a research trip to London to investigate the emergence of mobile marketing. Then as now, the Europeans were far ahead of us Americans when it came to mobile. Americans in 2002 were just realizing that they could receive and actually send a text message from [...] more...
The International Data Group (IDG) has combined the customer data from its print and online media readers with its attendee lists from IDG trade shows to create a huge database of North American IT professionals. The IDG Connect database contains more than six million prospective IT buyers who regularly consume publications [...] more...
Recently, I received an excellent piece of email marketing from the Oakland Raiders. Admittedly the only good thing the team has done all year, but a good thing nevertheless. It was a very simple email announcing the appointment of Lane Kiffin as their head coach. Nothing too extraordinary [...] more...
Media Breakaway, the company owned by former “Spam King” Scott Richter, has chosen Pete Wellborn of the law firm Wellborn & Wallace, to defend the company against a lawsuit filed by MySpace. MySpace alleges that Media Breakaway gained access to private MySpace user accounts through phishing schemes and then used those [...] more...
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]