Before the days of online selling, there was the Mom-and-Pop corner store. If you were a smart proprietor, you knew your customers, their buying habits, their likes, their dislikes, etc. Based on that knowledge, you knew what products to introduce to your customers, how to entice them to buy, how to [...] more...
Over the last 10 years, email marketing has become an incredibly effective and affordable component of an integrated marketing campaign. However, with the advent of more savvy consumers, SPAM legislation and better software to protect the consumer, marketers are increasingly looking for new ways to leverage email marketing and capitalize [...] more...
“Strategy and timing are the Himalayas of marketing. Everything else is the Catskills. “ Al Ries (in Marketing Warfare, 1986, with Jack Trout) Email marketers, trying to conquer their own Everest in their marketing program, agonize over many elements of their campaign: the subject line, the offer, the email’s design, etc. But, [...] more...
With the newest releases of two popular email clients used mainly by consumers, Yahoo! Mail Beta and Microsoft’s Window Live Mail Beta, preview panes—and the challenges they pose to email marketers—have made their way from the corporate environment to the inboxes of the consumer. But don’t panic—hope, and help, [...] more...
Email Marketing Edicts: Five Rules to Help Appreciate the Most Underappreciated of Marketing Mediums
Last month, I wrote about how email marketing didn’t have to be boring, so this time round I figured I’d pick up where I left off and talk about some of the rules we need to follow as we take advantage of this most effective and sometimes underappreciated of channels. [...] more...
AOL has started promoting its services through small text ads that appear at the bottom of emails sent from some AOL.com addresses. According to the Associated Press, the ads started appearing on Tuesday within accounts tied to version 9 of AOL’s software, which is available to both paid and unpaid users. [...] more...
Back in 2002, I took a research trip to London to investigate the emergence of mobile marketing. Then as now, the Europeans were far ahead of us Americans when it came to mobile. Americans in 2002 were just realizing that they could receive and actually send a text message from [...] more...
The International Data Group (IDG) has combined the customer data from its print and online media readers with its attendee lists from IDG trade shows to create a huge database of North American IT professionals. The IDG Connect database contains more than six million prospective IT buyers who regularly consume publications [...] more...
Recently, I received an excellent piece of email marketing from the Oakland Raiders. Admittedly the only good thing the team has done all year, but a good thing nevertheless. It was a very simple email announcing the appointment of Lane Kiffin as their head coach. Nothing too extraordinary [...] more...
Media Breakaway, the company owned by former “Spam King” Scott Richter, has chosen Pete Wellborn of the law firm Wellborn & Wallace, to defend the company against a lawsuit filed by MySpace. MySpace alleges that Media Breakaway gained access to private MySpace user accounts through phishing schemes and then used those [...] more...
- Adotas Poll: Pay Music Service Will Have Most Affect On Google’s Bottom Line May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – In last week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Digital Account Executive
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] company’s IPO would draw the strongest response: Tremor Video, Yu.Me or Adap.tv. A staggering
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] Friday, based on a May 9 report from Bloomberg, we conducted a poll asking
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- Streaming Music Service Payments | Copy Combine Transform: [...] pressure on recorded music value has resulted in a streaming service business model that