DIGITAL DUE DILIGENCE – It’s a little bit surprising that basically every mainstream critique of Groupon over the last few months was completely wrong. Groupon was blasted for having an unsustainable, commoditized business. Their no. 3 competitor BuyWithMe just laid off most of its staff and engineered a quick sale to Gilt [...] more...
JAY WEINTRAUB - Expect in the next couple of weeks to hear of at least one major change in the deal space that will signal very clearly the deep consolidation to come. (And, it has nothing to do with the recent update that Groupon will soon begin its roadshow looking [...] more...
JAY WEINTRAUB – Web guys like me have been evaluating internet traffic for years. I’m on the wrong side of 30 by some investors’ criteria, but on the right side of that number to recall what happened in the early days of web advertising and the issues that could potentially [...] more...
DM CONFIDENTIAL – Last week we found ourselves comparing two unlikely companies, Yahoo! and Groupon, not so much for any inherent similarities but because timing brought them together in the news. Yahoo! fired its chief executive and finds itself potentially up for sale, while Groupon’s CEO is under pressure and [...] more...
DM CONFIDENTIAL – The web deal space has operated as a direct response machine. Buy ads, send them to an email sign-up, optimize email yield. It’s a push driven-driven model that depends on user scale in a given market to turn a single blast into thousands of purchased coupons for [...] more...
ADOTAS – Apparently the latest stock market turmoil has brought the town tech-bubble criers out from under their rocks, particularly since public Internet-based companies seen as market bellwethers for the social media revolution have taken a hit. In particular, the stock of business-oriented social network LinkedIn (LNKD) has been riding a royal [...] more...
JAY WEINTRAUB – Mobile doesn’t work like the web. Today, I spoke with KimaLabs, ex-Amazon guys and makers of some cool mobile commerce apps. They’ve been thinking about and operating in mobile a lot longer than I have and explained that mobile is a much more ADD user experience. It’s all [...] more...
ADOTAS – I was a little surprised last week when Groupon announced it had partnered with location-based mobile social network Loopt, serving location-relevant and time-limited Groupon Now deals to consumers through Loopt’s push-notification-based Rewards Alert system. Last month Groupon purchased Pelago, maker of Loopt competitor Whirrl, so I was expecting [...] more...
ADOTAS – They say sharing is caring, so when sharing a lot can seriously boost a discount, shouldn’t you care more? PeopleString officially launched social coupon platform PeopleDeals, currently a stand-alone web portal and a Facebook app, though we were promised iOS and Android apps will appear in the coming weeks. [...] more...
ADOTAS – Everybody wants to be like Groupon these days — even Facebook, which just re-imagined its Deals product to be a group-buying service. Just-launched mobile-app distributor OfferedApp — developed by the founders of performance advertising network Cactus Media and app developer MobaTech — is also riding the daily deal [...] more...
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- LinkedIn Introduces Sponsored InMail on Mobile March 5th 2014 ADOTAS – LinkedIn expanded its mobile ad offering today with the [...] more »
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Start Your Engines: A Sneak Peek at SXSW 2014 March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really