ADOTAS – It used to be called Clearspring, and now it’s called AddThis, following a rebranding around what company founder and executive chairman Hooman Radfar explained was as a desire to “consolidate around the brand” for which it’s best known. The name change comes at the same time as the [...] more...
ADOTAS – What do you know: the same day Ramsey McGrory’s new company ClearSpring announces a big acquisition, his former company Yahoo! grabbed the top headlines by acquiring Interclick and somehow making the future of the Right Media Exchange (McGrory’s old division) even less certain. But ClearSpring’s acquisition was a major one too [...] more...
ADOTAS – After announcing his departure from Yahoo! earlier this month, Ramsey McGrory, the former head of the Right Media Exchange and North American sales as well as one of the few remaining pre-acquisition vets, has stepped into the CEO’s chair at Clearspring. Headquartered in McLean, VA (where incidentally I went to high [...] more...
ADOTAS – Clearspring has gone mobile with its social sharing platform AddThis, which enables sharing to 300 services in 70 different language. Mobile app developers on the iOS platform can incorporate AddThis’ social sharing capabilities and track shares; an Android API has been introduced in private beta. Clearspring also announced that [...] more...
ADOTAS – Groupon dropped that Securities Exchange Commission application for an IPO like it was hot! The daily discounter is demanding $750 million from investors (making LinkedIn’s $175 million seem modest) and I’ll wager that Groupon will raise even more than that. $25 billion valuation anyone? Publishers no doubt want to [...] more...
ADOTAS – Clearspring, the company behind social sharing platform AddThis, just closed a $20 million Series D funding round led by Institutional Venture Partners. The investment will go toward development of Clearsprings publisher offerings and advertising products, as well as potential acquisitions. IVP is in good company, joining current investors New [...] more...
ADOTAS – Another page is turned in the Flash Cookies saga. Yesterday a federal judge dismissed a suit against Specific Media over its use of Flash Cookies after determining the plaintiffs had no legal basis to support their claims. Last August, six web users filed suit against Specific Media in the [...] more...
ADOTAS – The term influencers still makes me think about the older kids in high school who offered me hit off their joint as I walked home from school, but influencers are quite a different case in social media — they’re the ones bringing browsers back to your site. And [...] more...
ADOTAS – Hearst Magazines Digital Media has announced a partnership with Clearspring, a syndicator and tracker of widgets, to build and help distribute innovative widgets. These particular widgets are being created for The Daily Green and Seventeen magazines. They will allow users to embed the applications into social networks, aggregators [...] more...
Yesterday, another strategic alliance was announced between PointRoll, a developer of rich media solutions and Clearspring Technologies, a widget syndication and tracking firm. Under the terms of the exclusive partnership, advertisers who use PointRoll will now be able to leverage Clearspring’s viral sharing technology to convert new and existing rich [...] more...
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how