LONDON and SAN FRANCISCO, December 3, 2013 (ADOTAS) — blinkx plc (“blinkx” or the “Company”), the Internet Media platform that connects audiences with brands through professionally generated content, announces that it has today entered into an agreement (the “Acquisition Agreement”) to acquire Rhythm NewMedia Inc. (“Rhythm”), a leading premium mobile video [...] more...
ADOTAS – In correlation with its launch of 12 new Internet video channels with TV-style programming, blinkx wholly owned subsidiary Burst Media has released the interesting inforgraphic below, which suggests 18% of online video viewers took an action based on a suggestion from an ad. There’s lots of juicy factoids [...] more...
ADOTAS – When a sector is as hot as online video advertising, you gotta expect some consolidation. Video search engine Blinkx scooped up online video ad network Burst Media for about $30 million in cash and stock. As we wrote last year, Blinkx recommends videos through spider technology that uses visual, [...] more...
ADOTAS – Unfortunately, contextual search for video is nothing like text, notes Suranga Chandratillake, CEO and founder of video search engine Blinkx. While language engines can be employed to determine what a text web page is all about, Blinkx has had to create spider technology — which uses visual, facial [...] more...
ADOTAS – Pass the special sauce, we’ll have what you’re having Blinkx! The online video company has outfoxed the ad downturn, reporting a whopping 115% growth (to $6.4 million) in the six months until Sept. 30, according to reports. Operating losses widened however – by 87% ($4.3 million). Blinkx’s contextually targeting technology [...] more...
ADOTAS – Let the games begin: video search engine Blinkx is hoping to acquire PPC ad company MIVA for $1.20 a share, or $41.13 million. (It’s closing price yesterday was 0.78 a share). Blinkx sent MIVA a letter stating its intentions. It reads, in part: “Our proposal represents a 54.0% premium above [...] more...
ADOTAS – Video search engine blinkx has unveiled a new tool to boost ad revenues. The product, Red Label, is billed as a complete, flexible solution that helps customers harness the Video Web and capitalize on the online video ad market. Basically, blinkx will sell its search engine to third parties. [...] more...
ADOTAS – Blinkx Plc, the video-search operator, may be snapped up by News Corp., according to a Bloomberg report. Since the news leaked, shares have skyrocketed, reaching a seven-month high today. Blinkx was founded in 2004 by Suranga Chandratillake in Britain. In May of last year, Blinkx merged with another British [...] more...
ADOTAS – blinkx clearly doesn’t have a case of the economic blues: the company just doubled the size of its interactive advertising sales team. The video search engine said it made the move to capitalize on the booming Internet video market – and it says it may hire more bodies [...] more...
ADOTAS – Yet another deal is in the bag! Blinkx, a video search engine, has announced a deal with Hearst Digital, the commercial aggregator of the magazine company’s online properties, including Handbag.com. The site, under the terms of the agreement, is now searchable and playable at www.blinkx.com. Blinkx will place contextually [...] more...
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial