ADOTAS – In correlation with its launch of 12 new Internet video channels with TV-style programming, blinkx wholly owned subsidiary Burst Media has released the interesting inforgraphic below, which suggests 18% of online video viewers took an action based on a suggestion from an ad. There’s lots of juicy factoids [...] more...
ADOTAS – When a sector is as hot as online video advertising, you gotta expect some consolidation. Video search engine Blinkx scooped up online video ad network Burst Media for about $30 million in cash and stock. As we wrote last year, Blinkx recommends videos through spider technology that uses visual, [...] more...
ADOTAS – Unfortunately, contextual search for video is nothing like text, notes Suranga Chandratillake, CEO and founder of video search engine Blinkx. While language engines can be employed to determine what a text web page is all about, Blinkx has had to create spider technology — which uses visual, facial [...] more...
ADOTAS – Pass the special sauce, we’ll have what you’re having Blinkx! The online video company has outfoxed the ad downturn, reporting a whopping 115% growth (to $6.4 million) in the six months until Sept. 30, according to reports. Operating losses widened however – by 87% ($4.3 million). Blinkx’s contextually targeting technology [...] more...
ADOTAS – Let the games begin: video search engine Blinkx is hoping to acquire PPC ad company MIVA for $1.20 a share, or $41.13 million. (It’s closing price yesterday was 0.78 a share). Blinkx sent MIVA a letter stating its intentions. It reads, in part: “Our proposal represents a 54.0% premium above [...] more...
ADOTAS – Video search engine blinkx has unveiled a new tool to boost ad revenues. The product, Red Label, is billed as a complete, flexible solution that helps customers harness the Video Web and capitalize on the online video ad market. Basically, blinkx will sell its search engine to third parties. [...] more...
ADOTAS – Blinkx Plc, the video-search operator, may be snapped up by News Corp., according to a Bloomberg report. Since the news leaked, shares have skyrocketed, reaching a seven-month high today. Blinkx was founded in 2004 by Suranga Chandratillake in Britain. In May of last year, Blinkx merged with another British [...] more...
ADOTAS – blinkx clearly doesn’t have a case of the economic blues: the company just doubled the size of its interactive advertising sales team. The video search engine said it made the move to capitalize on the booming Internet video market – and it says it may hire more bodies [...] more...
ADOTAS – Yet another deal is in the bag! Blinkx, a video search engine, has announced a deal with Hearst Digital, the commercial aggregator of the magazine company’s online properties, including Handbag.com. The site, under the terms of the agreement, is now searchable and playable at www.blinkx.com. Blinkx will place contextually [...] more...
ADOTAS – Do you know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em, know when to walk away and know when to run … online? Video search engine blinkx is partnering The Poker Channel to make Europe’s largest library of poker programming accessible at www.blinkx.com, providing ample time for [...] more...
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders to [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and