From Tom Phillips, senior director of communications, on the Microsoft Advertising blog: You may have heard today that Microsoft announced its intent to sell the Atlas Advertiser Suite to Facebook. Our reasons for wanting to sell Atlas are really pretty simple: the time was right; the agreement allows us to focus more aggressively [...] more...
Today our panel of ad-tech honchos weighs in on the following question: “What is your reaction to Facebook’s acquisition of Microsoft Atlas?” “Facebook’s Microsoft Atlas acquisition is a conscious step toward solving the social media measurement conundrum. Advertisers have long debated over the tangible value of social networks when it comes [...] more...
ADOTAS - Salesforce.com has come a long way since it was founded in a San Francisco apartment in 1999 and launched the first online sales force automation solution in the CRM market. By 2006, it had introduced its AppExchange application and development platform, and launched an incredible ecosystem of “value add” [...] more...
ADOTAS – Twitter wrapped up a talent buy today on the team behind email marketing company RestEngine. RestEngine’s raison d’etre involves delivering targeted, personalized emails that leverage the subscriber’s social graph, and it was founded to help social app publishers communicate with their users in such a way. It’s been [...] more...
ADOTAS – According to various reports, Groupon has acquired Campfire Labs, a startup of relatively vague ambitions that hasn’t even launched yet. Campfire Labs’ own self-description has claimed the company “wants to change the way people think of social interactions in the real world and online.” What that means, according [...] more...
ADOTAS – AdBlock Plus developer Wladimir Palant announced last week the popular ad-blocking plugin is going to begin blocking fewer ads — at least in its default settings. AdBlock Plus 2.0 allows for “non-intrusive” ads — that is, ads that are static (preferably text-only) and, as such, have no audio or [...] more...
ADOTAS – The U.S. Justice Department wants to postpone its antitrust case aiming to block ‘s AT&T’s acquisition of T-Mobile, and today Justice Department attorney Joseph Wayland proposed that delay in court. The trial was originally scheduled to begin in February of 2012. According to Wayland’s statement, because AT&T withdrew [...] more...
ADOTAS – IBM announced today it will acquire data analytics company DemandTec at$13.40 per share — in cash — which adds up to approximately $440 million. DemandTec is devoted to pricing, merchandising and marketing analytics, and it’s vertically focused in retail. The company has about 450 customers, including heavy-hitters like Target, [...] more...
ADOTAS – Adobe announced today it had reached a deal to acquire the multi-channel digital advertising agency Efficient Frontier, whose optimization tools are used by Facebook. This makes Efficient Frontier the second ad-tech company to be bought by Adobe this month — on Nov. 1, the ubiquitous software firm picked [...] more...
ADOTAS – After raising $27.5 million in venture capital to kick off the New Year, independent mobile ad network Millennial Media said it was putting that cash into some acquisitions. Five months later, Millennial has found a beaut: Condaptive, which builds audience segments with location and behavioral data. Interestingly, Condaptive’s platform [...] more...
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders to [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and