More articles by Russell Glass
- Online Tracking: FTC Chair Leibowitz Needs to Lead by Example October 12th 2011
- Yahoo!-AOL-Microsoft: Little Collaboration Necessary September 26th 2011
- Online Targeting: No Monsters Under the Bed August 10th 2010
- Offline Targeting: The Real Punch in the Nose May 21st 2010
- 2010: The Year of Data December 24th 2009
ADOTAS – Yesterday at an event sponsored by a large group of privacy watchdogs (the ACLU, Center for Digital Democracy, Consumer Action, Consumer Federation of America, Consumers Union, Consumer Watchdog, Electronic Privacy Information Center, Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, US PIRG and World Privacy Forum to be exact) called “Yes, They [...] More...
ADOTAS – There’s lots of buzz in the industry about the Yahoo, Microsoft and AOL collaboration recently announced. By all accounts, this is an effort to catch up to and compete with the Google display advertising juggernaut. When I first heard the announcement, I was dubious. Like tying the [...] More...
ADOTAS – There continues to be noise around the growing menace of advertising in the online world. Alarmists point to the increasingly sophisticated capability to track and capture a user’s travels and behaviors across the Web, known as behavioral targeting. Armed with this information delivered via cookies placed in your Web [...] More...
ADOTAS – Which would you prefer: Some stranger threatening to punch you at a virtual trade show or at a real one? The answer is simple of course — you’d rather be threatened online where there is no chance that a punch will actually land. This example seems silly, but it’s [...] More...
ADOTAS – This year saw data and audience targeting enter the mainstream conversation. This growing trend gave rise to increasingly noisy conversations about how that data is being used, whether it’s effective in improving the online experience, how to measure its effectiveness and whether its use violates online privacy or [...] More...
ADOTAS — I’m starting to read doom-and-gloom scenarios now that online privacy has come to the attention of the FTC and the Legislature. Gathering data to better target ads to users has breathed new life into the online ad industry, and the fear is that meddlesome regulations out of Washington will [...] More...
ADOTAS EXCLUSIVE — John and Paul, peanut butter and jelly, man and dog, display and search… one clearly doesn’t belong. Display advertising and search advertising simply don’t often fit together in marketer’s minds. Today, most online marketers use search (just ask Google) and only some use display. It’s the rare marketer [...] More...
ADOTAS EXCLUSIVE — Over the past few years, the rise of effective audience targeting for online display advertising has received quite a bit of attention from the launch and subsequent growth of audience networks such as Revenue Science , TACODA and Blue Lithium . These networks have shown that effective targeting [...] More...
ADOTAS EXCLUSIVE — In nature, an increase in prey leads to an increase in predators. Similarly an increase in ad inventory leads to an increase in the need to monetize it. So it’s no surprise that the massive growth of online inventory has lead to the sharp increase in ad [...] More...
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use
- What You Need To Know To Get Ahead In Video Advertising | Setting the PACE: [...] results of new research into online video advertising in the form of this infographic,