More articles by Russell Glass
- Online Tracking: FTC Chair Leibowitz Needs to Lead by Example October 12th 2011
- Yahoo!-AOL-Microsoft: Little Collaboration Necessary September 26th 2011
- Online Targeting: No Monsters Under the Bed August 10th 2010
- Offline Targeting: The Real Punch in the Nose May 21st 2010
- 2010: The Year of Data December 24th 2009
ADOTAS – Yesterday at an event sponsored by a large group of privacy watchdogs (the ACLU, Center for Digital Democracy, Consumer Action, Consumer Federation of America, Consumers Union, Consumer Watchdog, Electronic Privacy Information Center, Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, US PIRG and World Privacy Forum to be exact) called “Yes, They [...] More...
ADOTAS – There’s lots of buzz in the industry about the Yahoo, Microsoft and AOL collaboration recently announced. By all accounts, this is an effort to catch up to and compete with the Google display advertising juggernaut. When I first heard the announcement, I was dubious. Like tying the [...] More...
ADOTAS – There continues to be noise around the growing menace of advertising in the online world. Alarmists point to the increasingly sophisticated capability to track and capture a user’s travels and behaviors across the Web, known as behavioral targeting. Armed with this information delivered via cookies placed in your Web [...] More...
ADOTAS – Which would you prefer: Some stranger threatening to punch you at a virtual trade show or at a real one? The answer is simple of course — you’d rather be threatened online where there is no chance that a punch will actually land. This example seems silly, but it’s [...] More...
ADOTAS – This year saw data and audience targeting enter the mainstream conversation. This growing trend gave rise to increasingly noisy conversations about how that data is being used, whether it’s effective in improving the online experience, how to measure its effectiveness and whether its use violates online privacy or [...] More...
ADOTAS — I’m starting to read doom-and-gloom scenarios now that online privacy has come to the attention of the FTC and the Legislature. Gathering data to better target ads to users has breathed new life into the online ad industry, and the fear is that meddlesome regulations out of Washington will [...] More...
ADOTAS EXCLUSIVE — John and Paul, peanut butter and jelly, man and dog, display and search… one clearly doesn’t belong. Display advertising and search advertising simply don’t often fit together in marketer’s minds. Today, most online marketers use search (just ask Google) and only some use display. It’s the rare marketer [...] More...
ADOTAS EXCLUSIVE — Over the past few years, the rise of effective audience targeting for online display advertising has received quite a bit of attention from the launch and subsequent growth of audience networks such as Revenue Science , TACODA and Blue Lithium . These networks have shown that effective targeting [...] More...
ADOTAS EXCLUSIVE — In nature, an increase in prey leads to an increase in predators. Similarly an increase in ad inventory leads to an increase in the need to monetize it. So it’s no surprise that the massive growth of online inventory has lead to the sharp increase in ad [...] More...
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] company’s IPO would draw the strongest response: Tremor Video, Yu.Me or Adap.tv. A staggering
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] Friday, based on a May 9 report from Bloomberg, we conducted a poll asking
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- Streaming Music Service Payments | Copy Combine Transform: [...] pressure on recorded music value has resulted in a streaming service business model that