More articles by Kenneth Musante
- Share and Share Alike: Traversing the World of Newspapers, Online Content, and Creative Commons Licensing May 3rd 2007
- Turning the Advertising Tide: An On-Location ExposÃƒÂ© of Online Video Upstart TurnHere March 21st 2007
- Second-Guessing Second Life: Is this Virtual Playground Worth Your Marketing Dollars? March 12th 2007
- The Outlaw Jimmy Wales: Discovering the Man Behind the Monolith That is Wikipedia February 21st 2007
- Retuning Internet Radio: Dialing in to the Rise of Music’s Middle Class February 7th 2007
Share and Share Alike: Traversing the World of Newspapers, Online Content, and Creative Commons Licensing
It’s not at all rare to find publications that will let you read their content online for free. The internet was based on a philosophy of the free exchange of ideas, something that lends itself well to an advertising-supported business model. Free content is the backbone of online publishers like [...] More...
Outside Madison Square Garden in New York City, filmmaker Steve Janas gazes intently at the LCD on his Sony MiniDV camera, ignoring the frigid winter winds that blow around him. His business partner Jesper Olsson and journalist Lavinia DeCastro, who will be doing the voiceover for this particular project, stand [...] More...
The massively multiplayer world Second Life, a creation of 3D software developer Linden Labs, represents a bold new trend in online marketing. Auto manufacturer Toyota set up a virtual city in Second Life so users could test drive an electronic version of the Scion xB compact hatchback. Clothing manufacturer American [...] More...
Few websites can claim to have changed the way that people find information like Wikipedia. Universally accessible and open to all who would share their knowledge, the Wikipedia contains more one and a half million articles in the English section alone and growing. It’s available in 250 languages, and holds [...] More...
Thanks to the rise of new methods of content delivery like podcasting and user-created video, 2006 was undeniably the year of social media. But while podcasting, that red-headed step-child of traditional broadcasting, has been getting all the attention, Internet radio stations–the stodgy non-web 2.0 versions of terrestrial broadcasting that have [...] More...
Chloe Brown has tough skin, and as a member of the all-female Pandora’s Mighty Soldiers (acronym: PMS, formerly known as Psychotic Men Slayerz) gaming clan, she’s no stranger to the habits of online gamers. But while learning how to play Halo 2 on Xbox Live, she experienced one of the [...] More...
Ever since podcasting and organized video sharing systems like YouTube started promising a new form of video media, broadcasters, entrepreneurs and advertisers have been reaching beyond what they have known about video as an industry since it took off with TV in the late 1940′s. Yet few of those enterprises [...] More...
The holiday shopping season for online retailers has traditionally been pretty straightforward. Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving has been known by brick-and-mortar retailers as the biggest shopping day of the year. It’s also a boon for online retailers. According to Nielsen NetRatings, on November 25th more than 19.2 million [...] More...
Welcome to Revolution Number 2. The first time around, print publications were pulling their hair out as they tried to make sense of the Internet and how to use it with their written content. Now that people all over the country have high-speed, always-on connections to the ‘Net, TV and [...] More...
This year, ad:tech New Yorkwill be examining advertising in video games, one of the explosive new advertising mediums to hit the global scene this past year. Games have been around since the 1970′s. But they are no longer confined to dark video arcades or the living rooms of teenagers agape [...] More...
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial