More articles by Joseph Matheny
- Wanna Date My Ad? Why Recommending Dating Partners and Pushing Ads are One in the Same April 10th 2007
- The Attention Economy: Is the Marketing World Ready for a New Consumer Culture? February 28th 2007
- ADOTAS Podcast Premiere: ad:tech New York 2006 November 21st 2006
- Getting Contextual Outside the Text Box, Part II October 2nd 2006
- Et Tu(be)? Getting Contextual Outside the Text Box August 18th 2006
So, being that my background is largely in building social applications, all the way back to the late 80s, when I hosted BBSs on my old Mac se, until now. I often see the world through the goggles of social software. In fact, in a round-about way, all my software [...] More...
I look forward to a world where consumer data is harvested with permission, where the consumer has the option of assigning permission levels to their day, habits and data segments and look forward to the fair practice of compensating consumers for their attention data. I look forward to Attention Data [...] More...
Welcome to ADOTAS’ first podcast! For those who don’t want to forget or can barely remember, we’ve included video and audio snippets recorded on the floor of ad:tech NY, November 2006, courtesy of our roving reporter, Joseph Matheny. Within the broadcasts linked below, Joseph gets a firsthand view of the [...] More...
Starting where I left off in August: “While you wait, think about the fundamental ways our relationship to the unit of information known as a ‘book’ changes when that unit becomes a table in a database. Marketers, think about how much more you know about me when I search and copy a [...] More...
It seems like everyone is jumping on the YouTube wannabe wagon nowadays. Well, everyone but me that is (*smirk*). Don’t get me wrong, I am all about community-created content. My only worry is over saturation and lack of a business plan leading to another pop that sullies the name [...] More...
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about where we are on the timeline in regards to social networking. I do believe we are now entering the most productive period of the lifecycle of a new technology. Namely, the period where the hype has subsided, and the technology either fades from [...] More...
No, this is not ‘yet another’ article about product placement in video games. However, I will warn you that I am writing a multi-part article about using ARGs as product placement vehicles. More on that later. (I’m such a tease….) What initially triggered the following thoughts was a discussion that I [...] More...
It has been shown that most people do not consider relevant advertising (translation: “something I want”) as interruption marketing. I made this statement in last month’s article and feel that this is a thread that we should follow on its own. Pass Go, Collect $100 My approach to sharing knowledge is [...] More...
Advertising can be such a hit or miss game. Sure, the old-school method would be to make up for lack of context through VOLUME. One to 3 percent of 100 people is not nearly as profitable as 1 to 3 percent of one million people. However, the economy of scale [...] More...
With all the buzz going on right now surrounding MySpace, LinkedIn and del.icio.us, one may now consider social networking as having fully emerged into a formative stage similar to the web circa. 1998-2000. Social networking has become successful enough in the consumer (B2C) markets to attract the attention of the [...] More...
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than