More articles by Joseph Matheny
- Wanna Date My Ad? Why Recommending Dating Partners and Pushing Ads are One in the Same April 10th 2007
- The Attention Economy: Is the Marketing World Ready for a New Consumer Culture? February 28th 2007
- ADOTAS Podcast Premiere: ad:tech New York 2006 November 21st 2006
- Getting Contextual Outside the Text Box, Part II October 2nd 2006
- Et Tu(be)? Getting Contextual Outside the Text Box August 18th 2006
So, being that my background is largely in building social applications, all the way back to the late 80s, when I hosted BBSs on my old Mac se, until now. I often see the world through the goggles of social software. In fact, in a round-about way, all my software [...] More...
I look forward to a world where consumer data is harvested with permission, where the consumer has the option of assigning permission levels to their day, habits and data segments and look forward to the fair practice of compensating consumers for their attention data. I look forward to Attention Data [...] More...
Welcome to ADOTAS’ first podcast! For those who don’t want to forget or can barely remember, we’ve included video and audio snippets recorded on the floor of ad:tech NY, November 2006, courtesy of our roving reporter, Joseph Matheny. Within the broadcasts linked below, Joseph gets a firsthand view of the [...] More...
Starting where I left off in August: “While you wait, think about the fundamental ways our relationship to the unit of information known as a ‘book’ changes when that unit becomes a table in a database. Marketers, think about how much more you know about me when I search and copy a [...] More...
It seems like everyone is jumping on the YouTube wannabe wagon nowadays. Well, everyone but me that is (*smirk*). Don’t get me wrong, I am all about community-created content. My only worry is over saturation and lack of a business plan leading to another pop that sullies the name [...] More...
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about where we are on the timeline in regards to social networking. I do believe we are now entering the most productive period of the lifecycle of a new technology. Namely, the period where the hype has subsided, and the technology either fades from [...] More...
No, this is not ‘yet another’ article about product placement in video games. However, I will warn you that I am writing a multi-part article about using ARGs as product placement vehicles. More on that later. (I’m such a tease….) What initially triggered the following thoughts was a discussion that I [...] More...
It has been shown that most people do not consider relevant advertising (translation: “something I want”) as interruption marketing. I made this statement in last month’s article and feel that this is a thread that we should follow on its own. Pass Go, Collect $100 My approach to sharing knowledge is [...] More...
Advertising can be such a hit or miss game. Sure, the old-school method would be to make up for lack of context through VOLUME. One to 3 percent of 100 people is not nearly as profitable as 1 to 3 percent of one million people. However, the economy of scale [...] More...
With all the buzz going on right now surrounding MySpace, LinkedIn and del.icio.us, one may now consider social networking as having fully emerged into a formative stage similar to the web circa. 1998-2000. Social networking has become successful enough in the consumer (B2C) markets to attract the attention of the [...] More...
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s