More articles by Joseph Matheny
- Wanna Date My Ad? Why Recommending Dating Partners and Pushing Ads are One in the Same April 10th 2007
- The Attention Economy: Is the Marketing World Ready for a New Consumer Culture? February 28th 2007
- ADOTAS Podcast Premiere: ad:tech New York 2006 November 21st 2006
- Getting Contextual Outside the Text Box, Part II October 2nd 2006
- Et Tu(be)? Getting Contextual Outside the Text Box August 18th 2006
So, being that my background is largely in building social applications, all the way back to the late 80s, when I hosted BBSs on my old Mac se, until now. I often see the world through the goggles of social software. In fact, in a round-about way, all my software [...] More...
I look forward to a world where consumer data is harvested with permission, where the consumer has the option of assigning permission levels to their day, habits and data segments and look forward to the fair practice of compensating consumers for their attention data. I look forward to Attention Data [...] More...
Welcome to ADOTAS’ first podcast! For those who don’t want to forget or can barely remember, we’ve included video and audio snippets recorded on the floor of ad:tech NY, November 2006, courtesy of our roving reporter, Joseph Matheny. Within the broadcasts linked below, Joseph gets a firsthand view of the [...] More...
Starting where I left off in August: “While you wait, think about the fundamental ways our relationship to the unit of information known as a ‘book’ changes when that unit becomes a table in a database. Marketers, think about how much more you know about me when I search and copy a [...] More...
It seems like everyone is jumping on the YouTube wannabe wagon nowadays. Well, everyone but me that is (*smirk*). Don’t get me wrong, I am all about community-created content. My only worry is over saturation and lack of a business plan leading to another pop that sullies the name [...] More...
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about where we are on the timeline in regards to social networking. I do believe we are now entering the most productive period of the lifecycle of a new technology. Namely, the period where the hype has subsided, and the technology either fades from [...] More...
No, this is not ‘yet another’ article about product placement in video games. However, I will warn you that I am writing a multi-part article about using ARGs as product placement vehicles. More on that later. (I’m such a tease….) What initially triggered the following thoughts was a discussion that I [...] More...
It has been shown that most people do not consider relevant advertising (translation: “something I want”) as interruption marketing. I made this statement in last month’s article and feel that this is a thread that we should follow on its own. Pass Go, Collect $100 My approach to sharing knowledge is [...] More...
Advertising can be such a hit or miss game. Sure, the old-school method would be to make up for lack of context through VOLUME. One to 3 percent of 100 people is not nearly as profitable as 1 to 3 percent of one million people. However, the economy of scale [...] More...
With all the buzz going on right now surrounding MySpace, LinkedIn and del.icio.us, one may now consider social networking as having fully emerged into a formative stage similar to the web circa. 1998-2000. Social networking has become successful enough in the consumer (B2C) markets to attract the attention of the [...] More...
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]