March Madness Fans Are Crazy for Mobile Video: An Opera Mediaworks Infographic
Last year, TV viewership of the NCAA college basketball tournament – March Madness – was the highest it had been in 22 years, averaging 11.3 million viewers. That’s roughly the equivalent of the combined populations of Chicago and New York! Additionally, there were 80.7 million live video streams and 17.8 million hours (or about 2.5 months worth) of live video consumption during last year’s tournament.
Given these record-setting numbers from last year’s tournament and the explosive burst of second-screen usage during recent large sporting events, such as the Super Bowl, Opera Mediaworks wanted to find out how viewers were planning to use their mobile devices during March Madness this year. So, they surveyed 800 mobile users in the U.S. across our mobile ad platform last month.
Here’s the infographic capturing that data.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- IRIS.TV Grabs Two Top Engineers from Yahoo!; ClickDealer and MobAir Join Forces to Launch Global Digital Marketing Group; MPP Global Launches Predictive Churn Functionality
- Mobile eCommerce: How It’s Changing the World
- Amazin’ Amazon Prime Stats from Hitwise
- Freckle Partners with AirKast: Now World’s Largest Beacon Attribution Company
- New LEAN Ads Achieve 30 Kilobyte Weight and 93% Viewability