March Madness Fans Are Crazy for Mobile Video: An Opera Mediaworks Infographic
Last year, TV viewership of the NCAA college basketball tournament – March Madness – was the highest it had been in 22 years, averaging 11.3 million viewers. That’s roughly the equivalent of the combined populations of Chicago and New York! Additionally, there were 80.7 million live video streams and 17.8 million hours (or about 2.5 months worth) of live video consumption during last year’s tournament.
Given these record-setting numbers from last year’s tournament and the explosive burst of second-screen usage during recent large sporting events, such as the Super Bowl, Opera Mediaworks wanted to find out how viewers were planning to use their mobile devices during March Madness this year. So, they surveyed 800 mobile users in the U.S. across our mobile ad platform last month.
Here’s the infographic capturing that data.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- MetrixLab Study of Messenger Apps: 10 trends in UK and Europe
- Halloween Sales–Not Scary, But Amazing!
- Ad-Blockers: Let’s Call Them What They Are!
- AerServ Partners With Unreel.me As Exclusive Connected TV Mediation Platform
- 65% of Marketers See Digital Video Drives Offline Sales: Sequent Partners’ Study