Opera Mediaworks Now Has the Second-Largest Advertising SDK Footprint in Mobile after Google
Opera Mediaworks demonstrated its consistent dominance as one of the top platforms in the mobile advertising industry by reporting strong performance in Q4 2015. Last week, parent company Opera ASA announced Q4 2015 financial earnings and Opera Mediaworks, a fully-owned subsidiary, continued to be the strongest contributor of revenue (75% of overall Opera ASA revenues) and growth to the parent company. Opera Mediaworks reported over 40% year-over-year increase in Q4 global ad revenue to $145.5 million and over 53% year-over-year increase in revenue on an annual basis.
Alongside the quarterly earnings, the company also announced that a consortium of Chinese Internet companies has made a public offer to buy all shares of Opera ASA. This offer is pending shareholder and regulatory approval.
Here are some key numbers:
* $145.5MM in revenue in Q4 2015, over 40% year over year increase
* Opera ASA reported overall Q4 2015 revenues of $193.5MM
* Opera Mediaworks’ platform reach grew 48% year over year to 1.2 million users globally
* Mobile video continued to make the largest contribution to revenues to the Opera Mediaworks platform, comprising 60% of company’s revenues
* 85% year over year growth in publishers with $1MM+ earnings run rate
129% year-over-year growth in programmatic sales
The company also reported that it now has the second-largest advertising SDK footprint in mobile after Google, as confirmed by third-party data sources. This puts Opera’s ad SDK footprint ahead of Twitter (MoPub), AOL (Millennial Media), InMobi, Facebook (LiveRail) and others.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- IRIS.TV Grabs Two Top Engineers from Yahoo!; ClickDealer and MobAir Join Forces to Launch Global Digital Marketing Group; MPP Global Launches Predictive Churn Functionality
- Mobile eCommerce: How It’s Changing the World
- Amazin’ Amazon Prime Stats from Hitwise
- Freckle Partners with AirKast: Now World’s Largest Beacon Attribution Company
- New LEAN Ads Achieve 30 Kilobyte Weight and 93% Viewability