Facebook Launches Topic Data
Facebook announced the release of a new tool called Topic Data that’s the result of a partnership with DataSift, a data analytics company that’s got cloud computing platforms for social media networks. Now Facebook will be able to share more data with marketers. But it is only in a testing stage and availability is limited–for now.
But What is Topic Data?
Topic Data provides information found on Facebook and shares it with marketers so they can know what Facebook users are doing, saying, and using. With Topic Data, organizations will be able to look at data collected from all 1.2 billion regular users of Facebook. With a sample size that large, results will be more accurate and allow for even more customization of messaging. You’ll see trends coming at you before they become yesterday’s news. It’s a blend of Facebook user data and big data analytics. For example, with topic data:
*A business selling a hair de-frizzing product can see demographics on the people talking about humidity’s effects on their hair to better understand their target audience.
*A fashion retailer can see the clothing items its target audience is talking about to decide which products to stock.
*A brand can see how people are talking about their brand or industry to measure brand sentiment.
While this type of data has been available from third parties before, the sample size was often too small to be significant and determining demographics was nearly impossible. With Topic Data, data offer insights on all the activity around a topic. That means marketers get a holistic and actionable view of their audience for the first time.
It’s important to note that Topic Data provides guidance for marketers but it cannot be used to target ads directly.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- AffinityAnswers Expands to Germany, UK; AppsFlyer’s New Analysis Tool; SourceMedia Adds Data-Driven Products; Ad Serving, Direct Deals & OTT Drive SpotX’s Growth; Jenny Jones Joins Telmar NA
- Loi Sapin 2.0: Parlez-vous Transparency? What the New French Law Means for Global Marketers
- They’re Here! SMS, Chatbots & a Halo of AI
- Rapt Media and Kaltura Team Up
- Ad-Juster Launches New Concierge Service from NYC; Promotes Sharon Smith; Brings in James Lane & Joseph Justin Lewis