AppNexus Announces Investment at $1.2 Billion Valuation
(Adotas) New York, NY – August 21, 2014 – AppNexus, the world’s largest independent advertising technology company, today announced that a large, Boston-based public equity and asset management firm has invested $60 million in the company, valuing it at $1.2 billion. With interest from other parties to invest up to an additional $40 million, the total potential investment is $100 million.
“When we founded AppNexus, our aspiration wasn’t just to build the world’s best ad tech company – we wanted to prove that you can build a seminal, global technology company right here in New York,” said Brian O’Kelley, CEO and co-founder, AppNexus. “As a company purely focused on creating great tech, our aim is to continue to revolutionize the advertising industry, and we’re just getting started.”
Since it was founded in 2007, AppNexus has seen dramatic increases in revenue each year as one of New York’s most successful and highly valued technology companies. Notably, the company:
- Transacted more than $500 million in total ad spend across its platform in 2012, eclipsed $1 billion in 2013, and expects that figure to more than double in 2014, exceeding $2 billion;
- Currently transacts more than 30 billion ad impressions per day;
- Is now the world’s leading independent source for buying mobile ads programmatically with more than 500 percent growth in the last year based on ad spend; and
- Has increased its headcount 43 percent since January 2013 with nearly 600 employees across 10 offices worldwide, including its newest locations in Sydney and Singapore.
AppNexus plans to use the investment to continue the rapid expansion of its global team and to invest in creating innovations that will transform digital advertising. AppNexus expects to add hundreds of additional jobs by 2016, both in its New York headquarters and its offices around the world. Additionally, the company, which ACQUIRED viewability technology pioneer Alenty in June, will use the funds to potentially make opportunistic acquisitions and forge partnerships that enhance AppNexus’ product offerings and further its mission to power the advertising that powers the Internet.
AppNexus, which has raised more than $200 million to date, also increased its debt facility to $75 million, extendable to $100 million, led and syndicated through Silicon Valley Bank. JPMorgan acted as exclusive financial advisor to AppNexus.
AppNexus is a technology company that provides trading solutions and powers marketplaces for Internet advertising. Its open, unified, and powerful programmatic platform empowers customers to more effectively buy and sell media, allowing them to innovate, differentiate, and transform their businesses. As the world’s largest independent ad tech company, AppNexus is led by the pioneers of the web’s original ad exchanges. Headquartered in New York City with ten global offices, AppNexus employs hundreds of the brightest minds in advertising and technology who believe that advertising powers the Internet. For more information, follow us at @APPNEXUS or visit us atWWW.APPNEXUS.COM.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Measuring Mobile Ads and Apps: What Are You Missing?
- Mobile User Acquisition Fraud: The YouAppi Solution
- Centriply Begins Licensing Its Proprietary Big Data: Retains Venture Development Center to Lead Effort
- Back-to-School Online Shopping Soars! Discover Top Picks
- Lotame’s Data Stream to Provide Rich, Scalable Consumer Data