Scanbuy Reinvents ScanLife App to Offer Personalized Digital Deals
(ADOTAS) NEW YORK CITY – July 9, 2014 – Scanbuy, the world’s leading mobile engagement solutions provider, today announced a major upgrade to its popular ScanLife app for Android and iOS devices, giving consumers the opportunity to receive personalized deals and promotions as well as rewards based on their scanning activity via the app’s recommendation engine.
With a completely redesigned dashboard, ScanLife users can:
- Scan a QR Code or UPC code and choose to receive “hyper-targeted” incentives, coupons and other deals from among thousands of national and local stores based on their product scan in the Deals page and in-app Inbox. For example, a consumer who scans a DVD player’s UPC code will receive special offers for home entertainment products
- Select from a dozen product categories themselves on the My Interests page to receive recommended product offers in Health and Beauty, Food and Drink, Automotive, Travel and Tourism, and more, enabling the user to be in full control of the offers they receive
- Earn “mobile points” or mPoints for scanning products, checking their Inbox, selecting categories of interest, connecting to Facebook, and discovering new deals. The points can be redeemed for rewards such as gift cards from iTunes, Amazon, Starbucks and other online retailers, charitable donations or fun merchandise. mPoints is fully integrated into the app to reward user activities.
“With the refreshed ScanLife app, our tens of millions of users worldwide will now be able to take advantage of personalized digital offers in addition to engaging with their favorite brands through scanning,” said Mike Wehrs, president and CEO of Scanbuy. “Many apps today provide generic offers or promotions that do not take into account a user’s real interest areas. ScanLife delivers hyper-targeted promotions through a user’s scanning history and directly expressed interests.”
Functioning as a personalized shopping companion, ScanLife users can adjust the frequency of messages received to daily, weekly or monthly. All messages are displayed in-app and can be viewed at the user’s convenience.
Scanbuy is the global leader in developing mobile engagement solutions that power intelligent connections between the physical and digital world. The ScanLife suite of products consists of a cloud-based platform used by a wide variety of industries including retail, CPG, and media to create, manage and monitor dynamic mobile engagement campaigns. The ScanLife mobile app is used by millions of people around the world to discover new information and is available for all major platforms including Android and iOS.
ScanLife processes millions of mobile barcode scans as well as Microsoft Tag, mobile URL requests and NFC engagements from over 150 different countries. It is headquartered in New York City with local offices throughout North America, Europe and Latin America. Scanbuy has the largest and oldest patent portfolio of any company in the industry, owning 19 patents globally and licensing more than 40 patents to cover our entire solution. The company’s investors include Motorola Solutions Ventures, Google Inc., and Masthead Venture Partners. For more information, visit us at www.scanlife.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Cannes You Believe It? Vice Partners with Pintrest and BOA; Xaxis Touts Self-Assembling Programmatic Ads
- Going Global in Mobile Video: 8 Factors to Consider
- Pulsepoint Launches Programmatic Content Marketing Platform
- LiveRamp Hires Luke McGuinness as Head of Data Partnerships
- Facebook Tests Auto-Filling Marketing Forms With Users Profile Info