Peggy Johnson leaves Qualcomm, joins Microsoft
According to Recode.net., Peggy Johnson, the Executive Vice President of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and President, Global Market Development at Qualcomm, is leaving the company to take a high-level executive post at Microsoft, according to sources.
Johnson has been an executive vice president and head of global market development at Qualcomm, a role that include oversight for Qualcomm labs and the company’s marketing efforts. Johnson, a 24-year Qualcomm executive, is the company’s highest ranking female executive and the only woman listed among its top officers.
She began her career at the company as an engineer in its wireless business and rose to become vice president of technology in that unit, before becoming a VP of business development for Qualcomm’s consumer products unit.
A Microsoft representative declined to comment, as did a Qualcomm representative.
Johnson is the latest Qualcomm executive to depart the company. Former Qualcomm Atheros head Craig Barratt left in May for a post at Google.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Mobile Apps–The NextGen of Media Companies
- Ad Tech’s Next Steps: 7 Intriguing Predictions for 2017
- Winterberry Group: “The State of Consumer Data Onboarding: Identity Resolution in an Omnichannel Environment”
- Restoring the Balance: How Programmatic Levels the Playing Field–An Ooyala Report
- IV.AI Partners with VentureFuel to Bring AI to Brands