Peggy Johnson leaves Qualcomm, joins Microsoft
According to Recode.net., Peggy Johnson, the Executive Vice President of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and President, Global Market Development at Qualcomm, is leaving the company to take a high-level executive post at Microsoft, according to sources.
Johnson has been an executive vice president and head of global market development at Qualcomm, a role that include oversight for Qualcomm labs and the company’s marketing efforts. Johnson, a 24-year Qualcomm executive, is the company’s highest ranking female executive and the only woman listed among its top officers.
She began her career at the company as an engineer in its wireless business and rose to become vice president of technology in that unit, before becoming a VP of business development for Qualcomm’s consumer products unit.
A Microsoft representative declined to comment, as did a Qualcomm representative.
Johnson is the latest Qualcomm executive to depart the company. Former Qualcomm Atheros head Craig Barratt left in May for a post at Google.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Adjust Says: Click Injection Fraud To Become Dominant Woe for Mobile Marketers
- The Consumers Have Spoken: How Brands Can Survive Crises
- Acquisition by Innotech Capitals Opens Global Markets for Ad-Juster
- The Right to Digital Sovereignty
- Tipalti Integrates With LinkTrust; FollowAnalytics Leverages Machine Learning & Predictive Intelligence; ironSource’s Fastest Growing Apps Report