Peggy Johnson leaves Qualcomm, joins Microsoft
According to Recode.net., Peggy Johnson, the Executive Vice President of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and President, Global Market Development at Qualcomm, is leaving the company to take a high-level executive post at Microsoft, according to sources.
Johnson has been an executive vice president and head of global market development at Qualcomm, a role that include oversight for Qualcomm labs and the company’s marketing efforts. Johnson, a 24-year Qualcomm executive, is the company’s highest ranking female executive and the only woman listed among its top officers.
She began her career at the company as an engineer in its wireless business and rose to become vice president of technology in that unit, before becoming a VP of business development for Qualcomm’s consumer products unit.
A Microsoft representative declined to comment, as did a Qualcomm representative.
Johnson is the latest Qualcomm executive to depart the company. Former Qualcomm Atheros head Craig Barratt left in May for a post at Google.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- IRIS.TV Grabs Two Top Engineers from Yahoo!; ClickDealer and MobAir Join Forces to Launch Global Digital Marketing Group; MPP Global Launches Predictive Churn Functionality
- Mobile eCommerce: How It’s Changing the World
- Amazin’ Amazon Prime Stats from Hitwise
- Freckle Partners with AirKast: Now World’s Largest Beacon Attribution Company
- New LEAN Ads Achieve 30 Kilobyte Weight and 93% Viewability