Facebook to Acquire LiveRail
SAN FRANCISCO, Cal., July 2, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Facebook on Wednesday announced a deal to buy online video advertising technology company LiveRail.
The companies did not disclose how much Facebook is paying for seven-year-old LiveRail.
“What LiveRail ultimately offers is a complete advertising solution for video publishers,” Facebook vice president of ads product marketing Brian Boland said in a blog post.
“We believe that LiveRail, Facebook and the premium publishers it serves have an opportunity to make video ads better and more relevant for the hundreds of millions of people who watch digital video every month.”
LiveRail’s roster of customers includes ABC, Dailymotion, A&E Networks, and Major League Baseball website MLB.com.
San Francisco-based LiveRail touts itself as the world’s largest programmatic platform for effectively targeting video ads to online viewers.
The company has 170 employees and delivers more than seven billion video ads each month for hundreds of customers.
“Our goal at LiveRail has been to build the best technology in the world to help connect the digital video advertising ecosystem,” the company said in an online post.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Meredith Xcelerated Marketing Recognized with Top Honors at 2014 Content Marketing Awards
- InMobi inks global partnership with Factual to increase Mobile Ad Efficacy for Brands
- Eyeview and LiveRamp Partnership Delivers Powerful Data Solutions to Brands
- Rubicon Project Selected to Power Global Exchange for International Media Group, Future plc
- Evolve Media Further Strengthens Viewability Through Partnership with Moat