DreamWorksTV Launches on YouTube
LOS ANGELES, June 16, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shrek, Puss in Boots and the Kung Fu Panda himself join YouTube’s talent roster of A-list vloggers with today’s launch of DreamWorksTV, an original content destination for families on YouTube with the promise of delivering dreams and laughs on every screen.
DreamWorksTV combines DreamWorks Animation’s expertise as a global family entertainment brand with the digital savvy of AwesomenessTV, the fastest growing online destination for teens, which DreamWorks acquired a year ago.
DreamWorksTV will showcase original live-action and animated short-form content that is laugh-out-loud funny, featuring fresh new voices and iconic characters. Series highlights include family-friendly versions of reality TV (Prank My Parents, Record Setter Kids), original animated web series from top creators (Jimmy Blue Shorts, Gorillaville and Report Card) as well as vlog posts from DreamWorks’ stable of fan favorite characters. Richie Rich, an original scripted series based on the iconic comic book character, will also make its debut this summer.
“We’re tapping into the invaluable knowledge that Brian has amassed from his success with AwesomenessTV to create a unique, short-form, laugh-out-loud mobile experience for families,” said DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg. “This is a huge opportunity for the DreamWorks brand.”
“DreamWorksTV is committed to delivering original content, from scripted live-action series based on great characters like Richie Rich, to fresh new animated characters like Jimmy Blue Shorts to vlogs and other short-form content featuring the much beloved Shrek, Po and Puss in Boots,” said Robbins. “We are combining the DreamWorks brand with lessons learned from AwesomenessTV to create content that will be embraced by families everywhere.”
Among the series that will be featured on DreamWorksTV are:
- OMG – A live-action sketch comedy series featuring up and coming kid comedians.
- Record Setter Kids – Hosted by YouTube star JennXPenn, features kids from all over the country who come up with wacky records to break.
- Prank My Parents – Kids get a chance to play tricks on their parents in this fun hidden-camera series where kids make all the rules.
- Jimmy Blue Shorts – This animated sketch comedy created by Zach Aufdemberg and produced by Oddbot is hosted by talking jean shorts.
- Gorillaville – This punny slapstick comedy by Ron Yavnieli centers around three gorillas who wreak havoc, perpetually disturbing the peace in their otherwise idyllic wildlife preserve.
- Report Card – “Let’s get newsie” with a top flight anchor team of cardboard cut-ups in a stop-motion series created by Jimbo Matison.
- Public Pool – Everything happens at the Puddleton Public Pool. Teenagers! Musclemen! Wimps! Inflatable Rafts! Bad Swimwear! It’s all fodder for fun in this irreverent ensemble comedy by David Fremont (Liquid TV).
- Fifi Cat Therapist – Have a seat on the couch and tell all to Fifi, cat therapist extraordinaire. This sassy house-cat tells it like it is to neighborhood animals seeking advice in this animated comedy by Mike Blum (Lilo & Stitch).
Additional series include Watch This, curated “best-of-the web” shorts, as well as RetroToons, highlights from the Classic Media library. New original series will be launched throughout the summer.
AwesomenessTV, a leading multi-platform media company serving the global teen audience and one of the most subscribed to teen destinations on YouTube, is a wholly owned subsidiary of DreamWorks Animation (Nasdaq: DWA). Included under the AwesomenessTV banner are AwesomenessTV, a channel featuring scripted and reality series including IMO, Make Me Over, Austin Mahone Takeover, Side Effects and Runaways and ATV Network, a community based MCN focused on discovering and supporting the next generation of YouTube stars. Beyond the YouTube platform AwesomenessTV produced and distributed the feature film Mindless Behavior: All Around The World and AwesomenessTV and Terry the Tomboy on Nickelodeon. .AwesomenessTV is headed by Brian Robbins (Smallville, Varsity Blues, All That) and Joe Davola (In Living Color, Smallville, MTV Networks).
About DreamWorks Animation
DreamWorks Animation (Nasdaq: DWA) creates high-quality entertainment, including CG animated feature films, television specials and series and live entertainment properties, meant for audiences around the world. The Company has world-class creative talent, a strong and experienced management team and advanced filmmaking technology and techniques. DreamWorks Animation has been named one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” by FORTUNE® Magazine for five consecutive years. In 2013, DreamWorks Animation ranks #12 on the list. All of DreamWorks Animation’s feature films are produced in 3D. The Company has theatrically released a total of 28 animated feature films, including the franchise properties of Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, Puss in Boots, and The Croods.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- iPinYou Releases 2015 Report: Key Trends & Insights of Programmatic Advertising in China
- News Bits: Allstate’s Takeover Ad at March Madness–It’s Mayhem; Leadspace Doubles Customer Roster; Simulmedia and DoubleVerify Hires
- CPXi offers “Programmatic Direct: A Six-Step Guide to Efficiency Through Automation” and a Cool Infographic
- Neustar Collaborates with Nielsen: Bringing Digital Campaign Measurement to PlatformOne™
- Warning: The Danger of Treating Online Content Like Offline