Adgooroo Data Details Steep Rise in CPC Across Major Industry Categories
ADOTAS — Adgooroo, a leading provider of Search Marketing Intelligence that drives competitive advantage for Internet marketers, released new data today detailing a rise in Cost-Per-Click (CPC) on U.S. AdWords between the first quarters of 2012 and 2014.
According to proprietary AdGooroo data, CPC on U.S AdWords has increased an average of 26 percent across 9 major industry categories, including the most dramatic changes in the Legal and Automotive categories, where advertisers paid an average of 50 and 45 percent more per AdWords click, respectively, than they did two years ago.
“The category with the lowest increase in CPCs is also the largest in terms of Paid Search spend, Shopping & Classifieds, which primarily includes retailers,” wrote Jim Leichenko (pictured), Adgooro’s Director of marketing, in a blog post. “Between Q1 2012 and Q1 2014, the average CPC for Shopping & Classifieds advertisers rose just 6%, from $0.72 to $0.77. The only other category with a single digit increase in CPCs was Financial, which rose 9%. Every other industry category studied experienced double digit increases in CPCs, including Education (31%), Health (30%), Home & Garden (22%), Telecommunications (26%) and Travel (15%).”
More details and insights are available here.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- AOL Chooses Microsoft Bing Over Google for Search and Microsoft Chooses AppNexus for Programmatic Tech and Sales
- Cannes You Believe It? Vice Partners with Pintrest and BOA; Xaxis Touts Self-Assembling Programmatic Ads
- Going Global in Mobile Video: 8 Factors to Consider
- Pulsepoint Launches Programmatic Content Marketing Platform
- LiveRamp Hires Luke McGuinness as Head of Data Partnerships