Yahoo Takes a Mobile-First Approach to Native Ads
ADOTAS – Today, Yahoo is rolling out new, image-rich native ads that aim deliver deep user engagement and drive improved recall, intent and favorability for advertisers. These new ads are available through Yahoo Gemini.
With half of its monthly active users reportedly coming to Yahoo on a mobile device, the ad units are also designed to be mobile-first and targeted to the right consumer to drive even better results, according to Yahoo’s Head of Americas, Ned Brody.
“Our new mobile ads include larger, richer graphics and photos for brand storytelling, combined with the performance brands need,” said Brody in a blog post. “While clearly marked as sponsored, the ads will look and act just like the content around them, and will appear within users’ personalized content streams, article pages and image galleries across Yahoo mobile and desktop products. When people tap on the ads, they can visit the brand’s site directly or view a full-screen visual for even greater interactivity and impact.”
Brody said top advertisers including Netflix are already using these new ad formats.
Don’t you think the way the ad is implemented is kind of deceptive? http://blog.appsfire.com/stop-the-deception-native-ads-wont-work-without-users-trust/
Leave a Comment
- Meredith Xcelerated Marketing Recognized with Top Honors at 2014 Content Marketing Awards
- InMobi inks global partnership with Factual to increase Mobile Ad Efficacy for Brands
- Eyeview and LiveRamp Partnership Delivers Powerful Data Solutions to Brands
- Rubicon Project Selected to Power Global Exchange for International Media Group, Future plc
- Evolve Media Further Strengthens Viewability Through Partnership with Moat