Vindico Finds Only 34% of Digital Video Ads Mirror TV-Like Quality Experience
NEW YORK, May 1, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Vindico, the leading digital video advertising platform, announced the results of its 2013 Annual Report today. Findings show only 34 percent of digital video ads are rated as “high quality” by Vindico’s AdtricityTM, which measures and rates placements based on a variety of metrics including: viewability, player size, location on page and traffic sources. Analysis of the data concludes the digital video industry will need to focus on a combination of quality, viewability and consistent measurement in order to complement marketing’s biggest giant: television.
“Brands and advertisers are increasingly looking to digital video as a means of connecting with the right consumer and telling their message in unique and interesting ways,” said Matt Timothy (pictured), president of Vindico. “To accomplish this, the industry must accept the growing importance of measuring quality, as well as understand the unique challenges of viewability and adopt consistent measurement across the board. 2013 was the year this started to happen.”
Key insights in the report include:
- Quality counts and marketers will pay for placements: With millions invested in the creative, marketers want to understand how their video ad is treated across digital publishing partners. 2013 marks the first year digital video can define quality, providing quantifiable insights on viewability, content, execution, traffic and impact on viewership.
- Placement matters… significantly: Major media sites consistently perform best in overall quality, mimicking their TV counterparts with nearly 80 percent of impressions quantified as “viewable.” Internet brands also offer high quality content and placement across their owned and operated arenas, however, these publishers usually offer extended reach through long tail properties. This inventory mix could be the cause of driving down overall viewable impressions to only 37 percent on Internet brands.
- Viewability, the must-have metric: 56 percent of all digital video ads never have the opportunity to be seen. However, 8 out of every 10 major media impressions are viewable. This year, marketers will adopt viewability as the must-have metric when evaluating any other performance attributes. If the video ad can’t be seen, there is no reason to invest more into the space.
- Consistent measurement is needed now more than ever before: There’s more to quality than just viewability. The complexity of digital video ad campaigns is growing every year and there is a stronger need for agencies and advertisers to understand what’s happening at both the macro and micro levels of digital campaigns.
Vindico’s full 2013 annual report can be found here.
Vindico is the first ad management platform dedicated exclusively to video and currently manages more than one-third of all digital video ads in the US. Vindico’s enterprise platform for brands and agencies provides a single solution to deliver, create, measure and buy all of their digital video ad activity. Through proprietary technologies such as Adtricityand the Vindico Bid Manager, Vindico builds a safe and trusted market for media investment and industry growth. Adtricity is a trademark, and Vindico is a registered trademark, of Vindico LLC. For more information, please visitwww.vindico.com and follow us on Twitter @Vindico_group.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Searchmetrics Report: Quality Content Is More Important Than Ever
- Experian Enhances Experian Marketing Suite
- Q2 2015 State of Mobile Advertising: Opera Mediaworks’ Report
- MarketLive’s Q2 Performance Index: Revealing e-Commerce Trends
- BehaviorMatrix Unveils ‘SMARTview360′ To Help Marketers Understand People & Predict Behavior