DENVER, May 21, 2014 (ADOTAS) — SpotXchange, the trusted platform for video advertising, today announced it has signed a number of the industry’s most premium publishers and achieved record growth, with overall revenue increasing 145% year-over-year (YoY) in Q1.
Along with the company’s widely publicized deal with NDN late last year, one of the video industry’s largest players, SpotXchange has continued to attract some of the most premium publishers to its video platform. Recent signings include Hearst Digital, Meredith Video Studios, Zynga, The Atlantic, and Billboard. The company has also seen platform growth overseas including a deal with UK news powerhouse Mail Online. In the past few quarters alone, the company has signed more than 80 supply side platform (SSP) partners, and has now integrated with over 30 demand side platforms (DSPs), empowering publishers to meet advertisers’ growing appetite for new programmatic channels.
To address demand for SpotXchange’s market leading video platform and services, the company has aggressively continued to build out its team with top talent.
Dan Alexander recently joined the company from Conversant (NASDAQ: CNVR), formerly ValueClick, where he ran video strategy. Dan will oversee platform development for SpotXchange in the Southwest region and will be based in LA. Ben Abbatiello, based in New York, has joined SpotXchange from Yahoo, where he managed much of the company’s video buying initiatives within its Genome business unit. Ben will lead the company’s platform team on the East Coast. SpotXchange veteran Mike Laband now oversees Business Development for the Northwest region, based out of the company’s San Francisco office. All three will report to Sean Buckley, SpotXchange’s Vice President of Platform and Global Supply.
In addition to significant traction with premium publishers and recent key hires, SpotXchange has seen global growth across many key divisions of the company. Milestones include:
- Programmatic spend increased 350% YoY for Q1.
- Ranked #1 in comScore for January in the U.S. with 3.5 billion video ads served.
- Significant growth in mobile, with over 3.1 billion mobile video impression opportunities in Q1.
- Innovative product development and first to market buyer behavior analytics, allowing publishers to more deeply evaluate the buying patterns of demand sources.
- Employee count now topping 150 people globally, with plans to add another 100 by years end.
- Significant growth in EMEA to date with plans to open additional offices in continental Europe during 2014.
- Increased revenue growth in Southeast Asia, with the region accounting for nearly 20% of overall revenue in APAC in Q1.
- Continued industry recognition for SpotXchange’s growth and company culture, with the company being named a Red Herring Top 100 North America winner for 2014 and Denver Post Top Workplace for the third consecutive year.
“We had a record first quarter as more premium publishers made the decision to go with the industry’s trusted and most transparent solution for video advertising,” said Mike Shehan (pictured), CEO of SpotXchange. “Our publishers are seeing stellar revenue growth with our platform and we hear consistently that the customer service provided by SpotXchange is unmatched in our industry. We’re thrilled with the traction seen in the first quarter and anticipate our revenue, customers and employees will continue to grow at a fast clip throughout the rest of the year.”
SpotXchange is the trusted video advertising platform for premium publishers, connecting them with advertisers, agencies, trading desks, DSPs and ad networks to ensure they achieve maximum revenue for their inventory. SpotXchange shows premium publishers and more than 1,000 world class advertisers that there is a better way to buy and sell digital video – with trusted solutions that guarantee total transparency, brand safety and real-time control in an open market or directly executed through the SpotXchange platform. Headquartered north of Denver, SpotXchange has offices in New York, London, and Sydney and is ranked 6th on comScore for video ads served, reaching over 335 million unique visitors in more than 100 countries each month. For more information, please visit www.spotxchange.com and follow SpotXchange on Twitter @SpotXchange.