Recap: YouTube Brandcast Presented by Google at DCNF 2014
ADOTAS — At Google/YouTube’s third annual Brandcast event at Digital Content Newfronts 2014, YouTube made multiple announcements to an audience of over 2,000 at Madison Square Garden.
Newly appointed CEO, Susan Wojcicki, wanted brands and advertisers to know that they were listening to their concerns — and that YouTube would deliver more opportunities than ever before to help brands reach the right audiences.
The answer? YouTube announced Google Preferred, a program that cuts through the clutter and curates the top five percent of content on YouTube. The new offering also provides better measurement options through new partnerships with Comscore and Nielsen, and a guarantee that marketers will reach the audiences that they want. The first brands to sign up are Heineken and Johnson & Johnson.
Additionally, for the children at heart, and the brands who have a younger and animated side to them, it was exciting to hear that YouTube is launching a new partnership with Dreamworks TV. It’s an opportunity for brands to tap into an audience on a platform where they already love to consume fun family-friendly video content.
And that’s not all. At the end of the night — right before Pharrell took the stage with “Happy” — YouTube also announced DigitasLBi as the first agency to sign up for their Google Preferred offering. It’s a great opportunity for our people and our clients to dive into this new offering from the beginning, and to work with Google Preferred talent — unique, engaging content creators like fashion icon Bethany Mota, food genius Jamie Oliver, Funny or Die, iJustine, and many more, who have built incredibly passionate communities and followings.
This article originally appeared on DigitasLBi Distillery.
Leave a Comment
- Now Available: CIMM Study–”Best Practices in Cross-Device & Cross-Channel Identity Measurement”
- New Neuroscience Study Shows How Mobile Users Actually Respond to In-App Ads
- What is value exchange and how is it an answer to ad blocking and fraud?
- Nielsen Total Audience Report Asks: With Nearly Unlimited Content Options, How Many Do Consumers Really Use?
- Advertiser Perceptions Report: 2016 Upfront/NewFronts Have Renewed Influence On Advertiser Spending