PointRoll Launches Innovation Roadshow to Help Advertisers Bring Their ‘What If’ Ideas to Life
LOS ANGELES, May 22, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Digital advertisers have a plethora of channels and tactics to help execute even the loftiest creative ideas, including wearable devices, beacons, and facial recognition technology. With a deep understanding of these tools, creatives who used to daydream about the seemingly impossible can now bring their “What if?” ideas to life.
PointRoll, a company that melds Big Data with Big Creative, is demonstrating how to turn these creative fantasies into reality through its “What if…?” series, a trio of roadshows that kicked off this week in Los Angeles.
More than 100 advertisers joined PointRoll’s digital innovation team and product leaders for the invite-only event, discussing the future of digital marketing technologies and getting a firsthand demonstration of many cutting edge solutions straight out of the PointRoll Innovation Lab. The technologies on display included motion gesture, Apps in Ads, dynamic creative, web sockets, facial recognition and beacons.
“While we often present concepts like this on a one-to-one basis we felt that inviting different advertising communities across the country would lead to smart conversation about marketing, technology and innovation,” said Todd Pasternack (pictured), VP, Digital Innovation and Product Strategy at PointRoll. “While our hope is to inspire the audience with our peek at the future of advertising, we know the conversations we start at these special events will fuel our thought as well, and will continue long after the roadshow is over.”
Attendees also received first-hand advice on how to sell innovation to brand clients who put up roadblocks, either because they lack the commitment, the vision, or budget required, or simply because the work in organizations that resist new ideas. Madelyn Hammond, Owner, Madelyn Hammond and Associates, provided her perspective on turning ideas into reality while mitigating risk on the execution.
“Technology is only one piece of a groundbreaking creative execution,” said Walt Geer, Vice President, Product Strategy, Desktop & Mobile for PointRoll. “Oftentimes, convincing brands to take a chance on a new opportunity is the hardest part. By sharing war stories from clients who have successfully navigated these hazards and marketed emerging ideas, we hope to show others in the ad community how it’s done.”
The roadshow stops next in Chicago before finishing in New York. Dates and details for the invitation-only events are below:
- Chicago: Wednesday June 4 at the Wit Hotel. Special guest speaker: Tim Cory, Digital Associate Creative Director, Sapient Nitro.
- New York: Wednesday, June 18 at The Art Directors Club. Special guest speaker: Chris Colborn, EVP Global Chief Experience officer, R/GA.
To request an invitation to one of these events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 2001, PointRoll, a Gannett Company (NYSE: GCI), has transformed the way advertisers, agencies and publishers create, manage and deliver the most effective digital advertising. Today, PointRoll provides advertising innovations across the many screens of video, mobile, desktop and social while offering a unique strategic creative perspective. With core technology in both multi-screen delivery and data driven creative and an industry leading dynamic creative optimization (DCO) offering, PointRoll enables advertisers to effectively connect and convert consumers through highly engaging and relevant ad experiences. For more information, visithttp://www.pointroll.com or follow us @pointroll.
- Pingback from Can Advertising Save The World? | circolocointhearena.co
Leave a Comment
- YouAppi Infographic–Mobile Marketers Are Optimistic About the Future of Apps; Blis Integrates With World’s Largest Beacon Network; Kaltura’s New Lecture Capture Solution; Telmar founder and chairman Stanley P. Federman dies at 78
- The Role of Transparency in the Digital Age
- Stalled At Install: AppLift on Just Why Re-Engagement Matters
- Game, [Data] Set, Match: How Deep Learning Turned Sci-Fi-esque Predictive Intelligence Into Reality
- Growth of Location-Based Mobile Video Ads Is 2016′s Top Mobile Ad Trend