Digital Analytics Association Elects 2014-15 Directors and Officers
WAKEFIELD, Mass., May 27, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Incumbents Jim Sterne (pictured) and Eric Feinberg have been re-elected to the Board of Directors of the Digital Analytics Association (DAA) for 2014-15. Sterne has also won another term as the board’s chairman. Board of Directors, the results of a global election held recently among the DAA members.
Sterne is President of Target Marketing. Feinberg, is Senior Director of Product Strategy, ForeSee, an Answers Company.
This year there were five board seats available, all for two-year terms. The DAA elected three new board members with varied backgrounds and impressive accomplishments:
- Brooks Bell , CEO of Brooks Bell, is a leader in data-driven innovation and a serial entrepreneur, having cofounded her first successful web development company while still an undergraduate. Now, her full-service optimization firm, founded in 2003, brings the scientific disciplines of A/B testing and personalization to large traditional consumer organizations.
- Casey Carey, Head of Marketing, Adometry at Google, has been working in marketing analytics since 1996 and has since pursued making marketing better through data, technology, and analytics. At Adometry, which was recently acquired by Google, he has been responsible for product strategy and marketing of the Adometry Marketing Intelligence Platform, which gives marketers a single solution for managing marketing spending and performance across channels.
- Michael Rappa is Executive Director of the Institute for Advanced Analytics and a member of the faculty in the Department of Computer Science at North Carolina State University. As head of the Institute, he leads the nation’s first Master of Science in Analytics as its founder and principal architect. An accomplished researcher and instructor, his passion is to bring an entrepreneurial and forward-thinking mindset to innovation in higher learning.
The newly constituted Board then voted to elect the following Officers for the 2014-15 year:
- Chair: Sterne.
- President: Jodi McDermott, Group Vice President of Product Management, comScore.
- Vice President: Bob Page, VP of Products, Hortonworks, Inc. (re-elected).
- Vice President-Marketing (a new position): Steve Petitpas, General Manager, Microsoft.com, Production Studios & Events, Microsoft Corporation.
- Treasurer: Ned Kumar, Marketing Principal (Interactive Marketing Strategist), FedEx Services.
- Secretary: Shari Cleary, VP of Strategic Insights & Research, Viacom Entertainment Group, Viacom Media Networks (re-elected).
“It’s gratifying to see the strong interest in the DAA expressed by the accomplished digital analytics professionals who ran for Board seats this year. We thank everyone who participated in the election process,” said John Lovett, outgoing president of the DAA. “I have truly enjoyed my tenure as President of the DAA and feel fortunate to have had an opportunity to help shape the industry along with my fellow board members. I’m confident that the new Ieadership will carry on the mission of the DAA and continue to provide valuable services for digital analytics professionals everywhere.”
“As the DAA’s new President, I am grateful for the confidence the Board has placed in me, and I will work hard to live up to the organization’s ideals on behalf of its membership,” said McDermott. “I look forward to collaborating with the other DAA officers, Board, and members, to continue and broaden the DAA’s success in delivering on our mission.”
Returning Board members who were not up for re-election are:
- Shari Cleary, Viacom Media Networks.
- Ned Kumar, FedEx Services.
- Jodi McDermott, comScore.
- Joe Megibow, American Eagle.
- Bob Page, Hortonworks, Inc.
- Steve Petitpas, Microsoft Corporation.
- Oliver Schiffers, SapientNitro.
A complete list of 2014-5 Board members, including their biographies, is located on the DAA website.
About the Digital Analytics Association (DAA)
The DAA is a not-for-profit, volunteer-powered association that helps members become more valuable through education, community, research and advocacy. The DAA was founded as the Web Analytics Association in 2004. The organization has more than 5,000 members worldwide, representing 40 countries and a broad spectrum of expertise.
Dedicated to promoting a global understanding of digital analytics, the DAA creates an informed and involved digital analytics community through the connection and empowerment of its members, led by highly qualified practitioners in the field. Members of the DAA receive access to digital analytics best practices, current and relevant industry information, local and global networking opportunities, key training resources, valuable research, discounts to industry events, inclusion in industry publications and participation within social media groups.
For more information about the DAA, or to become a member, visit the DAA website at www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org.
I only *wish* I looked like that! But I’m still very happy about he new DAA Board of Directors.
- Pingback from Most Popular Stories | aperoallantvert.ca
Leave a Comment
- Vibrant Media, Native Ad Company, Bills Its Billionth Dollar
- Overcoming Ad Blocking with Influencer Marketing
- LiveRamp Expands Data Onboarding Service to United Kingdom and France
- OpenMarket Survey/Infographic Reveal Millennials Prefer Texting But Marketers Miss the Boat
- Just For Fun (and Sales): Search Data Reveals What Millennial Moms Would Like For Mother’s Day