Amazon, Microsoft and Music Apps Rise to Top of Monthly Global App Index
- Amazon joined the Top Publishers rankings in April following the acquisition of Comics’ comiXology early in the month. A top grossing app in March, comiXology removed in-app purchases post-acquisition.
- Facebook and Google occupy the top two positions by overall monthly combined iOS and Google Play downloads, with Tencent in third position. Meanwhile, Facebook Messenger jumped to #3 in iOS download rankings.
- Office proved productive for Microsoft, pushing Microsoft to #3 in monthly iOS downloads and revenue outside of games. In April, Microsoft Word for iPad led the Office for iPad suite and performed particularly strongly in the United States, United Kingdom and Brazil.
- Music apps continue to reach the Top 10 iOS apps by monthly revenue outside of games in April – Pandora Radio at #1 and Deezer at #10. Beyond streaming services, Smule has capitalized on this demand with its unique suite of music creation apps and associated social network, Smule Nation. It has consistently been featured in the Top 10 since September 2013.
For more details, check out App Annie’s blog post.
- Pingback from Shacking My Head Off | SMH Off
Leave a Comment
- Mobile Moment Targeting–The Lessons from (we know you’re tired of hearing about it) Pokémon Go
- Video Advertising Bureau: TV Brands Dominate Millennials’ Video Viewing
- Retail-Related Mobile Searches Continue Once Customer Enters Store: Hitwise
- Three Marketing Lessons from Pokémon Go (and it’s not about AR)
- IRIS.TV Grabs Two Top Engineers from Yahoo!; ClickDealer and MobAir Join Forces to Launch Global Digital Marketing Group; MPP Global Launches Predictive Churn Functionality