Amazon, Microsoft and Music Apps Rise to Top of Monthly Global App Index
- Amazon joined the Top Publishers rankings in April following the acquisition of Comics’ comiXology early in the month. A top grossing app in March, comiXology removed in-app purchases post-acquisition.
- Facebook and Google occupy the top two positions by overall monthly combined iOS and Google Play downloads, with Tencent in third position. Meanwhile, Facebook Messenger jumped to #3 in iOS download rankings.
- Office proved productive for Microsoft, pushing Microsoft to #3 in monthly iOS downloads and revenue outside of games. In April, Microsoft Word for iPad led the Office for iPad suite and performed particularly strongly in the United States, United Kingdom and Brazil.
- Music apps continue to reach the Top 10 iOS apps by monthly revenue outside of games in April – Pandora Radio at #1 and Deezer at #10. Beyond streaming services, Smule has capitalized on this demand with its unique suite of music creation apps and associated social network, Smule Nation. It has consistently been featured in the Top 10 since September 2013.
For more details, check out App Annie’s blog post.
- Pingback from Shacking My Head Off | SMH Off
Leave a Comment
- VisitBritain Debuts New Content Marketing Campaign That’s Anything But Dull
- The CMO Club’s Pete Krainik Talks 2014 CMO Awards and Qualities of Successful Marketing Leaders
- Hearst Magazine Expands Partnership with Acxiom to Bring Marketing Service to the Cloud
- Yahoo Fights Back Doubters with Strong Third-Quarter Earnings
- Vdopia Launches Mobile Video Programmatic Marketplace