Amazon, Microsoft and Music Apps Rise to Top of Monthly Global App Index
- Amazon joined the Top Publishers rankings in April following the acquisition of Comics’ comiXology early in the month. A top grossing app in March, comiXology removed in-app purchases post-acquisition.
- Facebook and Google occupy the top two positions by overall monthly combined iOS and Google Play downloads, with Tencent in third position. Meanwhile, Facebook Messenger jumped to #3 in iOS download rankings.
- Office proved productive for Microsoft, pushing Microsoft to #3 in monthly iOS downloads and revenue outside of games. In April, Microsoft Word for iPad led the Office for iPad suite and performed particularly strongly in the United States, United Kingdom and Brazil.
- Music apps continue to reach the Top 10 iOS apps by monthly revenue outside of games in April – Pandora Radio at #1 and Deezer at #10. Beyond streaming services, Smule has capitalized on this demand with its unique suite of music creation apps and associated social network, Smule Nation. It has consistently been featured in the Top 10 since September 2013.
For more details, check out App Annie’s blog post.
- Pingback from Shacking My Head Off | SMH Off
Leave a Comment
- The Biggest Challenges in Programmatic Advertising
- AI-Based, Self-Optimizing Consumer Marketing: Good for marketers, not for politics
- Native Advertising Gains Momentum
- The App Economy Over Thanksgiving: Should you give thanks or not?
- Goodway Group Forecast: Programmatic Pricing to Rise by 15 to 20 Percent