Zinio Acquires Audience Media
ADOTAS — This morning, Zinio, the world’s largest digital newsstand and leading magazine app for iOS, announced that it has acquired Audience Media, the leading developer of mobile app solutions, to translate print publications into mobile apps optimized for the smartphone and tablet reading experiences.
“The move solidifies Zinio’s position as the category leader in the $11 billion digital magazine industry and a dominant player in magazine content for mobile devices,” said a Zinio spokesperson. “Further, it expands Zinio’s footprint into the digital publishing services space by creating a mobile first experience for consumers that prefer a dedicated magazine app while enhancing its publisher service offerings and expanding its roster of award-winning consumer apps. And finally, this news is truly democratizing the app landscape for smaller publishers.”
- The marriage between Zinio and Audience Media marks an industry-first in the space between a B2C company merging with a B2B provider in the magazine publishing industry. Whether consumers choose to read magazines on the Zinio app or use individual branded newsstand apps from their favorite magazines, Zinio will be part of the digital magazine experience.
- The acquisition is an advantage for publisher service offerings and will essentially liaise a seamless transition from print to digital with the best tools in the industry.
- With the cross-platform editorial content management system (CMS) capabilities enabled by Audience Media, publishers who have struggled to address the software challenges and cost implications of the move from print to digital will now have a seamless way to manage their content and publishing experience across multiple platforms, countries and languages.
“Mobile is the future of digital publishing, and this acquisition reinforces our ability to work with more magazine publishers to deliver premium content to an expanded audience of users,” said Joan Solà (pictured), EVP, Chief Global Markets at Zinio, in a press release announcing the acquisition. “Bringing the unique capabilities of Audience Media into our organization gives Zinio the opportunity to deliver the best mobile experiences for consumers seeking individual branded apps or Zinio’s aggregated ‘all in one place’ experience. We are increasing our footprint to become the leading mobile first player for digital magazines. There is a growing consumer appetite for high quality magazine content, and this acquisition will make it possible to develop apps for long tail content in specific niches. We are eager to serve the needs of online magazine readers in creative new ways.”
The Zinio app enables readers to access more than 5,000 digital magazines from titles such as GQ, Wired, Fast Company, National Geographic and many more.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- MARKETING TECHNOLOGY VS. AD-TECH: Identity Enables Personalization
- Believe It or Not–Tax Ads on Mobile Get Lots of Folks to File From Their Phones!
- A Clear View–Finally! Sizmek study validates IAB’s 70% viewable threshold for measured impressions
- “Cassandra Report: Gen Z” Uncovers Massive Attitude Shifts
- The blurring line between tech & agencies – eClerx acquires CLX Europe