ADOTAS — Last night at Digital Content NewFronts 2014, Yahoo announced unveiled the first of its new original long-form shows, a new partnership with Live Nation for live streaming concerts, the all new Yahoo Travel digital magazine, and new advertising opportunities and measurement capabilities.
“We are in a time of rapid and dramatic change in how people read and view content online. Our goal is to not only enable the future but also to help invent it,” said Kathy Savitt (pictured), CMO of Yahoo, in a prepared statement. “Yahoo is focused on connecting artists, storytellers, great content producers and brands with the audiences they want — at scale, across devices, every single day.”
Key highlights are as follows:
- New Video and Rich Media Advertising Opportunities: Yahoo introduced new video and rich media advertising experiences designed for the Yahoo login page and our digital magazines that help brands tell powerful stories. Yahoo Splash Ads are high-impact opportunities integrated within the design of our digital magazines. And when people log in to Yahoo on tablet and desktop devices, Yahoo Full Page Video Login Ads offer an immersive 15-second video experience. More info here.
- comScore Partnership: As part of a new partnership with comScore, we’re integrating comScore verification services into our ad serving and reporting platforms. Advertisers on Yahoo can now access comScore’s vCE metric through Yahoo’s ad serving and reporting tools, delivering TV-comparable metrics for digital video, display and mobile ad campaigns that reach audiences on Yahoo and across the web. More details are available in the press release here.
- Planters Peanuts/Yahoo Unified Ad Campaign: At NewFronts, Yahoo will be talking about the results from a unified advertising campaign with Planters Peanuts that combines video and display to help increase in-store sales. More info here.
- Two New Original Comedies on Yahoo Screen: Yahoo is announcing the first two original comedies in Yahoo’s new lineup of long-form shows. From three-time Emmy nominee Paul Feig (“Freaks and Geeks,” “Bridesmaids,” “The Office”) comes “Other Space,” a galactic adventure in a universe far stranger and more dangerous than ours. “Sin City Saints,”“from executive producer Mike Tollin (“One Tree Hill,” “Smallville,” “Varsity Blues”) and two-time Emmy nominated director Bryan Gordon (“Curb Your Enthusiasm,” “The Office,” “Party Down”), is an off-beat comedy set in the front office of a fictional pro basketball expansion team. More info here.
- Yahoo Live: Yahoo Live is the company’s latest initiative to bring live, unscripted moments to the web. This summer, a new Live Nation channel on Yahoo Screen will begin producing the largest collection of concert live streams on the web: one live concert, every day, 365 days a year. Kellogg’s is the first to announce its sponsorship of the Live Nation Channel. As part of the Yahoo Live initiative, Yahoo is also partnering with the NFL to bring a new digital experience, NFL Now, to Yahoo Sports. It will feature instant highlights of in-progress match-ups, live stats, and live analysis of your favorite teams and players. And Yahoo Live will also be there for some of the hottest entertainment moments — from the red carpet, to the summer’s biggest blockbusters. More info here.
- Yahoo Travel: Following the January launches of Yahoo Tech and Yahoo Food, Yahoo is introducing Yahoo Travel, a new digital magazine that provides all the inspiration and information you need for your next adventure. Yahoo Travel offers seamless native advertising, with sponsored articles and videos that are just as engaging as the stories around them. Brands can connect with readers through beautiful images, compelling videos, and sharable stories. Las Vegas and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are the launch sponsors as Yahoo Travel takes off. More info here.