SAN DIEGO, CA – April 29, 2014 – Tealium, the market leader in enterprise tag management and solutions that power real-time unified marketing initiatives, today announced record first quarter results. The company also announced an additional $20 million in growth financing led by Silver Lake Waterman, which will be used to accelerate global expansion across all business segments, including engineering, sales, customer service and marketing.
“An estimated $1.5 trillion is spent annually on global marketing and communications programs,” said Jeff Lunsford (pictured), Tealium CEO. “Approximately $130 billion of this is spent on marketing technology. We are seeing rapid market adoption of Tealium’s award-winning solutions, which are designed to help enterprises get much higher returns from their marketing investments. No matter which marketing clouds or point solutions our customers are using, we are the foundation that makes those applications work better together to help drive more profitable, real-time customer interactions across all digital channels.”
Q1 Operating Highlights
120 percent revenue growth, buoyed by strong global demand for its market-leading solutions
- 100 percent growth in enterprise customers worldwide, with select new customer wins and expanded strategic relationships, including Calendars.com, Carhartt, Kabbage, Kimberly-Clark, Mason Companies, Solstice Sunglasses, Wet Seal, Wine.com, the world’s largest toy retailer, and one of the industry’s largest semiconductor chip manufacturers
- Tealium continued its strong growth in e-commerce and now has 68 clients listed in the prestigious Internet Retailer Top 500
- 120 percent customer revenue renewal rate during the first quarter, resulting from a total commitment to customer success and the industry’s most comprehensive training and education program
- Management team expansion, adding technology veterans Tracy Hansen as CMO, formerly of CA Technologies and NetApp, and Doug Lindroth as CFO, previously with Limelight Networks and Memec
- Tealium AudienceStream, the company’s new audience segmentation and data distribution solution, was named New Technology of the Year by the Digital Analytics Association (DAA) as part of its Awards for Excellence Program in March; AudienceStream is a complementary service to Tealium iQ, the company’s enterprise tag management solution
- Recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Most Promising Companies for 2014
- Tealium’s global user conference, Digital Velocity, gathered hundreds of customers, strategic partners and digital marketing thought leaders from around the globe. Customer speakers included Ancestry.com, Lenovo, Lincoln Financial Group, Citrix and more. The event concluded with Tealium University, a formalized training program for tag management and unified marketing.
New Growth Financing
Tealium also announced it secured an additional $20 million in growth financing in the quarter, led by Silver Lake Waterman, bringing the total amount the company has raised since January 2012 to $47.5 million, with Battery Ventures and Tenaya Capital leading earlier financings.
“We are pleased to be supporting Tealium’s global expansion efforts,” said Shawn O’Neill, Managing Director and Co-Head of Silver Lake Waterman. “Enterprises will continue to invest heavily in technologies that improve their customers’ experiences across all digital touch points, and we see Tealium as the market leader in the space.”
For updated news and information about Tealium, join the company’s social communities:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tealium
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/tealium
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tealium
About Silver Lake Waterman
Silver Lake Waterman is part of Silver Lake, the global leader in technology investing with over $23 billion in combined assets under management and committed capital and a team of approximately 110 investment and value creation professionals located around the world. Silver Lake Waterman focuses on providing growth capital, via its FLEX Capital product, to later-stage growth companies in the technology and technology-enabled industries. FLEX Capital is a proprietary, hybrid instrument created by Silver Lake to provide a flexible solution for companies in the technology industry ecosystem seeking to finance expansion. For more information about Silver Lake Waterman and Silver Lake, please visit www.silverlake.com.
Tealium helps savvy brands bring order to marketing chaos and engage customers in innovative ways. Using Tealium as the foundation for their digital marketing operations, smart marketers can fuel real-time unified marketing initiatives and drive more profitable customer interactions across all digital touch points. Tealium is the recognized leader in enterprise tag management, and was recently named one of Forbes‘ Most Promising Companies in America for 2014. Each quarter, Tealium serves 1.2 trillion tags on behalf of its global clients, representing an estimated $75 billion in annual online transactions. For more information, please visit http://www.tealium.com.