SAN FRANCISCO, April 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Kenshoo, the global leader in predictive media optimization technology, today released a new report titled “An Inside Look at Google Shopping Campaigns,” which details the results of a marketer survey regarding the use of Google’s Product Listing Ads (PLAs), as well as marketer commentary pertaining to Google Shopping campaigns performance, best practices, functionality, effectiveness and opportunity.
The report also covers how the migration to Google Shopping campaigns could impact digital marketers’ PLA efforts. Key insights and best practices include how to capitalize on the more robust and advanced reporting available in Shopping campaigns and the ability to filter and segment performance data by product attributes or individual products. As other major search engines implement similar offerings (Bing announced it now offers Product Ads), digital marketers can use the new Kenshoo report to prepare for industry-wide changes.
Key findings from the survey include:
- 62% of marketers bundle PLA budgets in with their traditional search budgets, while 29% allocate new, incremental budgets to support PLAs
- 83% of marketers find PLA performance to be on par with, or better than, traditional text ads
- More than half of PLA marketers are active in mobile, viewing it as another opportunity to drive traffic and generate sales
Highlights from the marketer commentary within the report include:
- “Google is focused on changing shopping behavior, specifically the behavior that most shoppers start their shopping journeys on Amazon, rather than Google,” said Leo Dalakos, Vice Prsident of Strategy & Analytics, Performics.
- “Our analysis showed that by varying the product image we were able to drive CTR higher even though our retailers did not always have the lowest price, which has allowed lower CPC rates and increased ROI,” said Brian Wulfe, Online Marketing Manager, Effective Spend.
Visit http://www.kenshoo.com/inside-google-shopping to download the full report.
The survey data analyzed in this report reflects responses from 89 global search marketing professionals actively utilizing Google’s Product Listing Ad (PLA) format and is representative of both in-house and agency marketers. The survey was delivered and responses were compiled and analyzed during Q1 of 2014. Additionally, 12 Kenshoo clients were asked to share key insights and best practices related to PLAs and Google Shopping campaigns.
Kenshoo is a global software company that engineers cloud-based digital marketing solutions and predictive media optimization technology. Brands, agencies and developers use Kenshoo Search, Kenshoo Social, Kenshoo Local, and Kenshoo SmartPath to direct more than $200 billion in annualized online client sales revenue through the platform. Kenshoo is the only Facebook strategic Preferred Marketing Developer with native API solutions for ads across Facebook, FBX, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Yahoo Japan, Bing, Baidu and CityGrid. Kenshoo powers campaigns in more than 190 countries for nearly half of the Fortune 50 and all 10 top global ad agency networks. Kenshoo clients include CareerBuilder, Expedia, Facebook, KAYAK, Havas Media, iREP, John Lewis, Resolution Media, Sears, Starcom MediaVest Group, Tesco, Travelocity, Walgreens, and Zappos. Kenshoo has 22 international locations and is backed by Sequoia Capital, Arts Alliance, Tenaya Capital and Bain Capital Ventures. Please visit www.Kenshoo.com for more information.
Kenshoo brand and product names are trademarks of Kenshoo Ltd. Other company and brand names may be trademarks of their respective owners.