Rakuten Marketing Reports Strong Q1 Cross-Channel Growth
NEW YORK, April 23, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Rakuten Marketing today announced strong results for the first quarter of 2014 across all of its digital marketing channels. Most notable was the double-digit growth that advertisers realized through the company’s affiliate, mobile, and search marketing technology and services. Additionally, the company signed several new advertisers throughout the quarter that were either new to Rakuten Marketing, or have expanded their existing investments with the company to include additional marketing channels.
Highlights of the quarter include:
- The global affiliate marketing channel reported the following year-over-year (YOY) same-store sales growth: 23 percent increase in the U.S., 31 percent growth in the U.K., 21 percent growth in Canada, 11 percent growth in Japan, and the recently launched Australian performance marketing network realized a 252 percent increase.
- Mobile orders continue to rise in the affiliate channel with the following YOY results: 99 percent growth in the U.S., 113 percent growth in the U.K., 251 percent growth in Canada, 21 percent growth in Japan, and 35 percent increase in Australia.
- Tablet commerce continues to drive opportunities for the affiliate channel. Specifically, YOY growth in the U.S. was 36 percent, in the UK it was 30 percent, in Canada it was 35 percent, in Japan it was 59 percent, and in Australia it was 27 percent.
- The company’s display and retargeting group realized 100 percent growth in its client base YOY. They also expanded internationally through offices in Brazil, Japan, the U.K., and Australia. Part of this growth comes from referrals from the company’s other digital marketing channels. This growth also enabled the display and retargeting group to increase staff by 65 percent over the past year.
- Additionally, the display and retargeting group reports a 279 percent YOY increase in the number of smartphone purchases and 246 percent YOY increase in the number of purchases made on tablets.
- The company’s search marketing clients saw strong YOY same-store results. Sales increased 18 percent, conversion rates increased 13 percent, the return on ad spend (ROAS) increased 10 percent, and the cost-per-click decreased by four percent.
“Like most digital marketers, we’re challenged with having to determine which channels will be most effective for each campaign and how to appropriately recognize the role each channel played in the sale,” said Mark Blenkinsop, digital marketing manager, Dune. “With Rakuten Marketing’s pay-for-performance model and seasoned client services team, we know our investments in affiliate and display will meet or exceed campaign goals.”
New clients that have joined Rakuten Marketing this quarter include: affiliate advertisers Booking.com, Ticket Club, Forbes, Flight Club, and Dune in the U.S. and Vistaprint and L’Occitane, an existing display client, in Australia.
Also, Gourmet Gift Baskets, Cambridge Satchel Company US and UK, TopShop and My-Wardrobe in the U.K., as well as MatchesFashion.comin the U.S., U.K., and Australia have signed on with Rakuten MediaForge for display and retargeting campaigns.
“When you look at the latest global e-commerce forecasts, which anticipate this sector will reach $1.5 trillion this year, you realize that while there’s opportunity, there’s also increased competition and confusion about the value each marketing channel delivers,” said Yaz Iida (pictured), chief executive officer, Rakuten Marketing. “By working alongside our customers and providing insight into the performance of each marketing channel, we’ve been able to help drive strong results as evidenced by today’s announcement.”
- Pingback from Seeking New Members Through Affiliate Marketing
Leave a Comment
- L2 Names Scott Ernst CEO to drive Global Expansion & Product Portfolio
- Nasmedia and Lotame Announce Strategic Partnership
- Simulmedia Promotes Julie Nolan to Chief People Officer
- Sizmek Acquires Aerify Media to Bolster Mobile Tracking, Attribution and Retargeting Capabilities
- IAB MIXX Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing