Adobe Report: Facebook Ad Business Continues to Grow
ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released its Q1 Social Intelligence Report analyzing social media data and trends around Facebook and other industry players including Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and LinkedIn. The report is the most comprehensive in the industry and looks at paid, earned and owned social media using 260 billion FB ad impressions, 17 billion visits from referred sites, and 226 billion FB post impressions.
Key findings include:
- Continued growth for FB’s ad business: FB’s ad business saw solid growth in Q1 with ad click-through rates (CTR) up 20% quarter-over-quarter (QoQ) and ad impressions up 41% QoQ. This comes as surprise given the strong holiday quarter and the usual slowdown in Q1.
- FB’s new auto-play for video working: FB’s auto-play video ads appear to be a success with video ad and post replays up 785% year-over-year (YoY) and 25% higher engagement rates including likes, comments and shares.
- RPV up QoQ for Facebook only: Revenue per visit (RPV) coming from Facebook increased slightly (up 2% QoQ) following a strong holiday quarter. Twitter and Tumblr, while still up YoY, slumped QoQ with a 23% and 36% decline in RPV, respectively.
- Casual Fridays are becoming “Social Media Fridays”: Fridays drive the highest number of posts and engagement rates on social with nearly 25% of FB video plays and 16% of FB post impressions happening on that day.
“Social media continued to grow even after a strong holiday quarter and the seasonal slowdown expected in Q1,” said Tamara Gaffney (pictured), principal analyst, Adobe Digital Index, in a press release. “Marketers are learning how to best reach their audiences across different social media channels and companies like Facebook are making changes to their algorithms and adding functionalities like auto-play of videos, which impact brands and users and how they engage with content.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Tremor Video Hires Publisher Veteran Manish Jha to Lead its Supply-Side Platform
- AppNexus Announces Investment at $1.2 Billion Valuation
- L2 Names Scott Ernst CEO to drive Global Expansion & Product Portfolio
- Nasmedia and Lotame Announce Strategic Partnership
- Simulmedia Promotes Julie Nolan to Chief People Officer