IgnitionOne Completes Knotice Acquisition
NEW YORK, March 19, 2014 (ADOTAS) – IgnitionOne, a global leader in cloud-based digital marketing technology, today announced that it has completed the acquisition of Knotice, a privately-owned, leading digital marketing technology company. With this acquisition, New York City-headquartered IgnitionOne will provide the industry’s most comprehensive integrated digital marketing technology solution, adding data management and multi-channel digital messaging, including email-based marketing automation (ESP) capabilities, into its Digital Marketing SuiteSM (DMS).
Knotice was recently recognized as a strong performer in “The Forrester Wave™: Data Management Platforms, Q3 2013,” which includes details on the latest industry-leading release of the company’s data management platform (DMP), Knotice 5.
Knotice’s cloud-based DMP features actionable analytics and digital messaging solutions. The technology also provides:
- Data Consolidation: Collects, stores and makes readily available customer data across disparate platforms and touch points
- Data Fidelity: Automatically enriches individual data profiles, both known and anonymous
- Email CRM (ESP): Complete email marketing system reaches the right customers at the right time based on these enriched profiles
- Mobile: Robust mobile data intake, advanced SMS and mobile web combines for greater reach and understanding of consumers on mobile
- Cross-Device Clarity: First-party data ties to cross-channel activity, allowing consistency and relevance across touch points and devices used
These technology components will be integrated as a seamless part of the IgnitionOne DMS. This industry-standard, privacy-safe integration improves a marketer’s digital performance in four major areas:
- Media Optimization: Buy, manage and algorithmically optimize all major forms of digital advertising, including Paid Search (SEM), Display, Facebook (Facebook PMD for Ads and FBX qualified) and Mobile
- Marketing Automation: Lead generation and sales conversion optimization solutions that drive actions from website visitors through content personalization, dynamic interaction, automated e-mail campaigns, and more
- Cross-Channel Attribution: A flexible, multi-exposure attribution system that measures and allocates credit across every media exposure touched by marketers’ clients and prospects, leveraging sophisticated Media Mix Exposure Modeling
- Audience Scoring: User Engagement Scoring that measures product interest and propensity to buy for each user not only drives conversions but also helps drive engagement and branding goals such as visits, revisits, time on site, and provides the best user experience for each user
“The acquisition of Knotice is consistent with our vision of bringing speed and simplicity to marketers through centralized data that automates the process of delivering the right message to the right user at the right moment at the most efficient cost – on the site, off the site, and through mobile and email,” said Will Margiloff (pictured), CEO of IgnitionOne. “Today we see other large players attempting to piece together point solutions, but we have a strong advantage when it comes to the number of solutions already integrated, level of fidelity and agility we have right out of the gate. Based on the complementary capabilities of Knotice and IgnitionOne’s existing technologies and shared vision of our teams, this integration will move forward quickly and smoothly, to the benefit of our clients.”
“With the level of fragmentation currently in the industry, the match between IgnitionOne and Knotice was clear from the beginning,” said Knotice CEO Brian Deagan. “We share the same vision of unified, integrated marketing. We also share the same commitment in providing marketers with advanced technology to better understand and connect with consumers, closing the loop on end-to-end customer lifecycle management. The acquisition of Knotice continues IgnitionOne’s history of adding top entrepreneurs to their leadership team and providing room to drive vision, expand product development and be part of something really big.”
Deagan joins the IgnitionOne management team to help promote innovation and assist in executing the long-term strategy of the company to simplify digital marketing for top brands and their agencies, improving performance across all channels. The combined company will have over 420 employees in 17 global offices in 10 countries, including over 150 technologists.
The move is the first major acquisition for the independent company and is consistent with IgnitionOne’s plan to further integrate best-of-breed digital marketing technology into a single, integrated solution.
“Because we put the marketer and their goals at the center of everything we do, we will continue to look for and find technology solutions complementary to our existing capabilities,” Margiloff added. ”We won’t be slowing down our pursuit of technologies that fill in white spaces we see as crucial for the Digital Marketing Suite.”
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Garros Group LLC, an investment banking boutique specializing in technology enabled marketing services, acted as exclusive advisor to Knotice in this transaction.
IgnitionOne® is a global leader in cloud-based digital marketing technology providing a world-class proprietary platform and expert services to improve digital marketing performance. IgnitionOne’s integrated Digital Marketing SuiteSM (DMS) empowers marketers to buy, manage and optimize digital media across Search, Display, Social and Mobile, understand client users through Data Management and Cross Channel Attribution, while helping to optimize conversions on a marketer’s website through Marketing Automation. At the core of the DMS is the proprietary User Engagement Score Algorithm which determines the value of a user in order to automate the delivery of the right message, at the right time, at the right cost, to a marketer’s users, on and off their website.
IgnitionOne currently scores over 300 million users monthly in 75 countries and powers more than $30 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, Bridgestone, La Quinta and Fiat, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and iProspect.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- StartApp Hits 250 Million Monthly Active Users, 100K Integrated Apps
- LSN Mobile Launches Local on the Go™ Mobile App for Consumers
- Peggy Johnson leaves Qualcomm, joins Microsoft
- ChoiceStream Raises $7.5 Million to Grow Its Programmatic Advertising Business
- Rocket Fuel to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences