SAN FRANCISCO and AMSTERDAM – March 13, 2014 (ADOTAS) — BrightRoll, the only independent and unified programmatic video advertising platform, today announced the international expansion of its technology infrastructure with Equinix, the global interconnection and data center company, at its AM3 Science Park in Amsterdam. This latest deployment reflects the dynamic growth of programmatic video in Europe and the explosive demand for BrightRoll inventory in the market. BrightRoll is making investments to expand the programmatic capabilities of its platform, while putting the foundation in place to bring innovative new offerings to buyers and sellers of digital video advertising.
In 2013, the BrightRoll platform built a technology infrastructure within Equinix data centers in the US to take advantage of the facilities’ broad range of direct connections to high-speed networks and ad industry partners. Equinix’s global footprint of 100 data centers enables businesses to rapidly scale into 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. The BrightRoll expansion into Europe represents the company’s commitment to building the world’s leading technology platform that enables advertisers to maximize ROI on video ad spend, while helping publishers maximize revenue for their video ad inventory.
- The use of programmatic technology, including real-time bidding (RTB), to buy digital video advertising is experiencing rapid growth in Europe. According to IHS, research partner of IAB Europe, programmatic video ad buying across the “big five” European markets (UK, France, Spain, Germany and Italy) will grow an average of 77 percent a year and be worth an estimated €627 million by 2017.
- BrightRoll has built a new data center within Equinix’s AM3 facility – which is connected to the Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AMS-IX), one of Europe’s key interconnection hotspots – to extend the flexibility of its global platform and support growing demand for BrightRoll inventory among RTB buyers in Europe. The BrightRoll platform collects and analyzes more than 30 billion data points per day about video advertising in order to help advertisers reach the right audiences and uses Platform Equinix to process data at this scale.
- RTB buyers connecting to BrightRoll via Equinix in Amsterdam will now have access to VideoRTB+, an ultra-low-latency video advertising RTB solution. The location of the data center within AMS-IX also enables RTB buyers on the BrightRoll platform to experience more successful bid rates due to low-latency and close proximity between BrightRoll and other connected RTB buyers, which translates into fewer timeouts.
- The strategic location of the Equinix data center in Amsterdam via AMS-IX connects the BrightRoll platform to 80 percent of the European population within 50 milliseconds. As a result, end-users in Europe have a better ad viewing experience due to shorter latency in ad serving.
- The new Amsterdam data center enables BrightRoll to serve a majority of Europe from a single location, increasing performance and lowering costs. As a result, the BrightRoll platform is equipped to support large, global campaigns and process real-time data more efficiently to drive greater performance on behalf of customers.
- The AM3 data center is one of Equinix’s most innovative and sustainable facilities. The facility uses Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage (ATES) in the ground instead of mechanical cooling, excess heat will be used to warm the buildings nearby. These and other sustainable technologies realize significant energy savings, allowing customers to reduce their CO2 footprint significantly.
“The BrightRoll platform powers the video ad economy,” said Christopher Amen-Kroeger (pictured), SVP Engineering, BrightRoll, “and we’re putting the technology infrastructure in place with Equinix data centers to address the rapid growth of digital video globally, including the evolution towards programmatic buying. This investment expands the flexibility of our platform and enables us to process big data more efficiently, driving greater performance and results on behalf of our customers.”
“We are excited to see Brightroll experience success in driving the RTB industry forward and glad to be their data center provider of choice for global expansion,” said Jim Poole, Vice President, Global Service Providers, Equinix. “With RTB going main stream, latency reduction and access to the right partner ecosystem are critical success factors, which Equinix is in a unique position to offer with our Ad-IX ecosystem.”
“Turn has achieved tremendous scalability in Europe and worldwide, and BrightRoll is providing an important source for multi-screen video ad buys in real-time,” added Pierre Naggar, Managing Director EMEA, Turn. “With its global footprint, BrightRoll provides scale and reach to help our customers make smarter buying decisions and execute data-driven campaigns.”
- Video: Equinix and BrightRoll
- Blog: BrightRoll expands technology infrastructure in Europe
- Blog: Building the industry’s fastest video RTB solution
- Case study:Equinix and BrightRoll
- LinkedIn: BrightRoll
- Facebook: BrightRoll
- Twitter: Brightroll