Today’s Burning Question: Will Wall Street Develop a Candy Crush on King.com?
We asked industry leaders their thoughts on the move. Here’s how they responded:
“Investing in a hot gaming company can be a tricky proposition as success is largely hit-based. Candy Crush took the Internet by storm, but I am not sure how repeatable that success is as many of the marketing tactics used (such as auto-redirecting users to the app store, and leveraging Facebook invites) are no longer viable methods for user acquisition. Zynga had a great run on Facebook too, but is now struggling to adapt as Facebook continues to change their platform. Having a hit game and developing a gaming company that’s viable over the long–term are two very different things. I believe their are stronger investment opportunities in the mobile/social space.” – Ted Murphy, CEO & Founder of IZEA.
“It’s been exciting to watch the explosive growth of Candy Crush over the last several months. King’s brand has managed to strike a chord with people, creating a challenging and engrossing experience, while also successfully monetizing without alienating players. They’ve leveraged social media to grow their user base, and expanded through creation of versions in Asia for the successful Kakao platform. It’s no surprise with this growth that they’ll look to ways to expand their business and brand.” – Bertrand Schmitt, CEO, App Annie.
“It isn’t surprising to read about King.com’s IPO. The challenge for them will be to convince investors that they won’t become the next Zynga. They need to demonstrate how they can grow and generate even more revenue and promote beyond Candy Crush. Quite simply, to succeed they need a convincing narrative of how they will go beyond users on Facebook and mobile devices and reach an even wider audience.” – David E. Johnson, CEO, Strategic Vision, LLC.
- Pingback from Today’s Burning Question: Will Wall Street Develop a Candy Crush on King.com? - Responsivemts | Responsivemts
Leave a Comment
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- LinkedIn Introduces Sponsored InMail on Mobile March 5th 2014 ADOTAS – LinkedIn expanded its mobile ad offering today with the [...] more »
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Start Your Engines: A Sneak Peek at SXSW 2014 March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really