PubMatic Works with Advance Digital on Multi-Screen Solutions, Appoints Terri Walter as CMO
NEW YORK, February 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – PubMatic, the programmatic advertising platform company for leading publishers, today announced that Advance Digital is taking a major step forward and leveraging market efficiencies by expanding its cross-platform programmatic strategy beyond display to include mobile, tablet and video. Advance Digital engaged with PubMatic to address its need for a unified, cross-platform approach to selling by instituting a proprietary approach to the Private Marketplace Rules-Based Buying environment. By growing its relationship with PubMatic, Advance Digital hopes to better leverage its nearly 60 million unique monthly visitors, more than 520 million monthly page views, and its impressive cross-screen responsive inventory.
“Working with PubMatic has given us solutions to assist the varying needs of our advertisers,” said Kerel Cooper (pictured), Senior Director of Digital Ad Platform Strategies at Advance Digital. “Having a highly granular and virtually real-time understanding of our audience will help us to make the most of our cross-platform inventory. The PubMatic One Platform allows us to dynamically create and adjust our Private Marketplace Rules-Based Buying strategy across our entire portfolio of highly coveted inventory, based on real time market demands and events.”
PubMatic’s platform combines Real-Time Bidding (RTB), yield optimization, and Private Marketplace (PMP) functionality across display, mobile, tablet and video, allowing Advance Digital to automate and maximize the sale of its entire ad inventory through one easy-to-use platform. Advance Digital and associated publications within the Advance Local group have been working with PubMatic over the past two and a half years to leverage their digital assets in a highly competitive marketplace.
“We’re thrilled to assist a forward-thinking publisher like Advance Digital with their execution of a PMP Rules Based cross-platform media strategy,” said Bob Walczak, GM of Mobile & Video at PubMatic. “As Advance takes this step forward, we understand the stakes and are committed to continuing to build out our platform and helping them, and other publishing partners, succeed in today’s dynamic media environment.”
This engagement follows PubMatic’s launch of an industry first-video solution inside a display and mobile platform. With video, the PubMatic offering of One Platform is complete.
PubMatic also announced today that Terri Walter (pictured) has joined PubMatic in the role of Chief Marketing Officer. Walter will lead worldwide marketing programs that capitalize on PubMatic’s innovative cross-screen capabilities and consultative offerings.
“Terri brings a wealth of knowledge and extraordinary marketing leadership to PubMatic,” said Kirk McDonald, President at PubMatic. “As global adoption of programmatic and real-time bidding (RTB) buying reaches $20.8 billion by 2017, according to the IDC, PubMatic continues to rapidly expand its operations. Terri joins at a pivotal time for PubMatic; her insight and industry knowledge will elevate the brand in line with our strategic objectives. We are extremely proud to welcome her to our leadership team.”
Before joining PubMatic, Walter served as Head of Global Brand Marketing at Microsoft Advertising, where she led global repositioning of the Microsoft Advertising brand as well as advertising, content, sales enablement and go-to-market functions for global marketing. Prior to Microsoft, Walter worked as the Global Vice President, Emerging Media at Razorfish, where she built the mobile and emerging media capabilities of that agency. She was also editor of the Razorfish “Digital Outlook Report”, called a must-read for digital marketers, and the recipient of a Stevie Award for the best B2B marketing campaign of 2009 for her thought leadership in emerging media. Before that she also served as Vice President of Marketing at DoubleClick, which followed agency roles at Beyond Interactive and Dentsu. Walter brings twenty years of marketing and digital media experience to PubMatic.
Commenting on her appointment, Terri Walter said: “I’m extremely excited to be joining PubMatic at such a key juncture in the ad tech industry. Since being the first to market with RTB for publishers in 2009, PubMatic has continued to innovate and bring best-of-breed ad tech to publishers. I’m particularly impressed by their commitment to cross-screen RTB and their innovation in mobile. I’m looking forward to applying my expertise and building an exceptional global marketing team.”
Walter will be based in New York City, reporting to McDonald. Her portfolio will include product marketing, marketing, corporate communications and social media.
Advance Digital, Inc., a part of the Advance Local group, is responsible for digital strategy, innovation and development of multiplatform news and information products that enhance the consumer experience across the Advance Local portfolio of brands that include NJ.com,cleveland.com, al.com, OregonLive.com, NOLA.com and others. Advance Digital is committed to meeting the changing needs of local and national advertisers by delivering strategic and effective marketing solutions across current and emerging platforms. Advance Digital is based in Jersey City, NJ.
PubMatic is the technology platform that powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands. Its innovative solutions help content providers drive the highest value for their digital media assets and provide consumers with a more personalized advertising experience across display, mobile and video. PubMatic’s One Platform, proprietary technology and advanced mobile capabilities are utilized by a global roster of comScore publishers. Pioneering online auctions for the buying and selling of media through Real-Time Bidding (RTB) and Private Marketplace (PMP), the company also works with hundreds of advertising partners. Ranked by Deloitte as one of the fastest growing companies in the US Internet sector in both 2012 and 2013, PubMatic has offices worldwide with headquarters in Redwood City, California.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]