Marketwired & Tumblr Ink Firehose Deal for Enhanced Social Data
TORONTO – January 30, 2014 – Marketwired, an industry leader in communications technology and social analytics, announced today the integration of the full set of Tumblr data from its firehose into its social data platform, offering clients real-time access to social data from one of the largest and fastest growing social networks in the world.
This new partnership with Tumblr, which currently touts more than 168 million blogs, enhances Marketwired’s already robust social analytics platform, powered by Sysomos, and will empower marketers with the deepest set of social networking and blog content. Marketwired’s access to the Tumblr firehose will be enabled through a newly signed partnership with Gnip, the world’s largest provider of public social data and the first company to syndicate the full Tumblr firehose.
With more than 128,000 signups and 80 million posts created per day, the Tumblr community has become a significant contributor to social conversation. As a source of real-time information and deep insight into the millennial generation, the massive volume of daily interactions on the platform gives insight to the exchanges these consumers have with brands, from the entertainment they consume and the products they aspire to purchase.
“The wealth of information from this partnership will provide marketers with unlimited insights and perspective that will better inform their actions and marketing decisions,” said Jim Delaney (pictured), CEO of Marketwired. “Through the integration of Tumblr data we are continuing to lead the market and display our commitment to providing the most comprehensive social intelligence and data capabilities for our Enterprise clients.”
Tumblr conversations are particularly powerful tools for marketers as they provide deep insight into trends, brands, and industry segments captivating the attention of consumers and allowing them to articulate what they want, need and enjoy. This level of influencer identification helps marketers shape their message and channel of communications to best reach those influencers that matter for better business impact and ROI. The Tumblr data set further solidifies Marketwired social listening and monitoring solutions, MAP and Heartbeat, as the preferred CMO choice for access to a deeper and richer set of social data and intelligence.
“Brands are finding Tumblr a powerful way to engage with their audience through creative brand storytelling,” said Lee Brown, Global Head of Brand Partnerships, Tumblr. “This partnership will enable these brands to tap into incredible consumer and influencer insights to help them tell their stories more effectively. We’re excited to partner with Marketwired to draw more real-time insights around the brands, live events, shows and other topics that flourish on Tumblr every day.”
Tumblr has emerged as one of the most promising social media channels for marketers in reaching the ideal target of youthful consumers, and by huge potential for viral, rapidly moving, and far-reaching engagement simply from posting a photo of favorite brand products or reblogging of news. The ability to now apply brand monitoring and analytics to Tumblr conversations through direct access to the full firehose of data means the insights that marketers can finally access through Marketwired’s social intelligence engine, powered Sysomos, are invaluable for measuring, justifying and adapting marketing campaigns.
“Brands are increasingly understanding the value of engaging on Tumblr and Marketwired has broad reach to both advertisers and brands creating a perfect partnership match” says Chris Moody, CEO of Gnip. “Brands are more likely to advertise on platforms where they can measure performance and Marketwired will bring Tumblr data to some of the most important brands in the world.”
Partnering with companies of all sizes — from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises — MarketwiredTM is an innovative, social communications company offering best-in-class, global news distribution and reporting. Powered by Sysomos, Marketwired’s products also provide state-of-the-art social media monitoring and analytics. This critical business intelligence provides instant and unlimited access to all social media conversations, allowing brands to see what’s happening, why it’s happening, and who’s driving the conversations.
Marketwired is majority-owned by OMERS Private Equity (www.omerspe.com), which manages the private equity activities of OMERS Administration Corporation and today has $6.4 billion of investments under management. OMERS Private Equity is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with offices in New York and London.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- LinkedIn Introduces Sponsored InMail on Mobile March 5th 2014 ADOTAS – LinkedIn expanded its mobile ad offering today with the [...] more »
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Start Your Engines: A Sneak Peek at SXSW 2014 March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really