LinkedIn Announces Content Strategy as the ‘Definitive Publishing Platform’
ADOTAS – Starting today, LinkedIn is opening up its publishing platform to allow all members to publish long-form content on LinkedIn and is expanding LinkedIn Influencer with dozens of top minds in business. The moves were announced by Ryan Roslansky, LinkedIn’s Head of Content Products, in a blog post this morning.
The decision is aimed at giving members a powerful new way to build their professional brand by sharing their expertise identity through long form original content. When a member publishes a post on LinkedIn, their original content becomes part of their professional profile, is shared with their trusted network and has the ability to reach the largest group of professionals ever assembled.
The Influencer platform, where the world’s top minds in business like Bill Gates and Richard Branson share their insights and expertise, is adding dozens of new thought leaders to share including Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn, CEO of AOL Brand Group Susan Lyne, and Financial Expert and CNBC host Suze Orman.
Key facts and figures from the announcement are as follows.
LinkedIn Influencer (numbers are based on available data):
- On average, an Influencer post is viewed by 31,000 professionals, gets more than 250 likes and 80 comments (February 2014).
- Bill Gates’ first Influencer post, about advice from Warren Buffett, generated more than 1 million page views after only two days. (Q2 2013 earnings).
- Influencer background stats (**numbers are estimates based on available data as of February 2014).
- LinkedIn Influencers range from 18 to 85 years of age.
- 263 Influencers are either CEOs, Chairmen or Founders.
- More than 147 influencers have received MBAs (44 from Harvard, 15 from Stanford, 4 from Wharton, 3 from Yale).
- More than 233 Influencers are published authors and roughly 33 have appeared on The New York Times’ Bestseller list.
LinkedIn members (Q4 Earnings 2013):
- There are more than 277 million LinkedIn members worldwide.
- 93+ million members in the Americas.
- 57+ million members in Europe.
- 50+ million members in Asia and the Pacific.
- LinkedIn members have more than 432 million combined years of work experience.
- LinkedIn members have more than 4.2 billion endorsements received.
- LinkedIn members work in more than 149 different fields and industries.
You can check out the full announcement here.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]