ADOTAS — Starting today, LinkedIn is opening up its publishing platform to allow all members to publish long-form content on LinkedIn and is expanding LinkedIn Influencer with dozens of top minds in business. The moves were announced by Ryan Roslansky, LinkedIn’s Head of Content Products, in a blog post this morning.
The decision is aimed at giving members a powerful new way to build their professional brand by sharing their expertise identity through long form original content. When a member publishes a post on LinkedIn, their original content becomes part of their professional profile, is shared with their trusted network and has the ability to reach the largest group of professionals ever assembled.
The Influencer platform, where the world’s top minds in business like Bill Gates and Richard Branson share their insights and expertise, is adding dozens of new thought leaders to share including Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn, CEO of AOL Brand Group Susan Lyne, and Financial Expert and CNBC host Suze Orman.
Key facts and figures from the announcement are as follows.
LinkedIn Influencer (numbers are based on available data):
- On average, an Influencer post is viewed by 31,000 professionals, gets more than 250 likes and 80 comments (February 2014).
- Bill Gates’ first Influencer post, about advice from Warren Buffett, generated more than 1 million page views after only two days. (Q2 2013 earnings).
- Influencer background stats (**numbers are estimates based on available data as of February 2014).
- LinkedIn Influencers range from 18 to 85 years of age.
- 263 Influencers are either CEOs, Chairmen or Founders.
- More than 147 influencers have received MBAs (44 from Harvard, 15 from Stanford, 4 from Wharton, 3 from Yale).
- More than 233 Influencers are published authors and roughly 33 have appeared on The New York Times’ Bestseller list.
LinkedIn members (Q4 Earnings 2013):
- There are more than 277 million LinkedIn members worldwide.
- 93+ million members in the Americas.
- 57+ million members in Europe.
- 50+ million members in Asia and the Pacific.
- LinkedIn members have more than 432 million combined years of work experience.
- LinkedIn members have more than 4.2 billion endorsements received.
- LinkedIn members work in more than 149 different fields and industries.
You can check out the full announcement here.